Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Different Meltdown Rewarding

Hello everyone! I wanted to chime in on the Meltdown discussion, and suggest that Meltdown prizes be payed out in a similar fashion to campaign rewards: like for every 10 meltdown wins, you would get something. This is because I personally like Meltdown, but these days only play it every so often so I rarely get the weekly Meltdown rewards (also, it kind of sucks when you are near the cutoff of a prize and have to grind every day to maintain it: so playing meltdown sometimes feels like a chore to me). I think that it would help boost the amount of players who are playing meltdown, and could even be implemented in addition to the current structure of weekly meltdown tournaments.

tl;dr I think Meltdown is too grindy for casuals to be worth it and could use prizes per # of wins to boost interest.

What do you think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mojorge View Post
    Hello everyone! I wanted to chime in on the Meltdown discussion, and suggest that Meltdown prizes be payed out in a similar fashion to campaign rewards: like for every 10 meltdown wins, you would get something. This is because I personally like Meltdown, but these days only play it every so often so I rarely get the weekly Meltdown rewards (also, it kind of sucks when you are near the cutoff of a prize and have to grind every day to maintain it: so playing meltdown sometimes feels like a chore to me). I think that it would help boost the amount of players who are playing meltdown, and could even be implemented in addition to the current structure of weekly meltdown tournaments.

tl;dr I think Meltdown is too grindy for casuals to be worth it and could use prizes per # of wins to boost interest.

What do you think?
    Let's be honest here. At the moment there may not even be a hundred weekly players in meltdown so I don't see how it can be a chore to finish in top25? Nowadays usually anything above ~10 wins/week quarantees that - which is in my opinion a reasonable amount to be rewarded.

I don't see that the rewarding should come woth any less because compared to qm seasons, the prizes can be farmed way easier.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fair enough. Though I will say that 10 wins still takes me a non-insignificant amount of time. Even if I won every game, it would probably take at least 5 hours (30 minutes*10) considering deck building, finding an opponent, and beating them.