Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Asyn: Mount Kazaar needs a rejig to make the Ravager self-damaging theme viable

Having played (or at least making plans to play, lol, because in many cases I found them unusable) with Ravager self-damaging theme for quite some time, I came to this observation: this location needs to be fully targeted (or at least needs changed to target the highest attack ally as that is usually the one you want to dispose of more - however, really, I strongly believe fully targeted is the way to go above all else).

It would allow some real benefit for the self damaging Ravager theme because right now the bonuses it offers are not worth it. It would allow allow basically some pseudo-haste to a player if he crafted and plays his deck skillfully enough. Right now to build deck to this theme you need to give up a lot of space and consistency because this theme is a combo. You need to have proper cards that receive self dmg, the ones capable of inflicting it and find the game resources and card sequence to do that - only then you get the extra damage output benefit (although still for a price - loss of ally health). By that time you are usually behind on board or in some other detriment (like for example your deck is extremly depleted of Item Destruction cards or Attachment Hate cards) so having the extra heightened damage is little consolation for all you gave up and for most probably loosing game.

However if this location would enable the player at least more control as to what to hit as target (and we re talking only allies, not hero face), it could still be worth it. It would make getting back from behind on board more likely and ultimately make the theme viable and worhwhile playing. Also it would open up this theme of play to many more heroes. Ultimately yet more viable decks and gameplays would appear in Shadow Era and make the game even better and much more interesting. The non-controller side seems fine as it is now - it is still very useful to opponent and can swing games in his favour. The cardpool for self damaging Ravager theme is already here and will get better with LL2 release (also regarding splash allies and self-damage sources). This little tweak would allow this theme and style of play to actually start existing as valid competitive option.

So all in all what is really needed to make that happen now is changing the locations controller side to make him target which ally he wants to with his damaged Ravager ally. I am hereby asking you game devs to consider this tweak for LL2 game update. Fellow players please support this cause.
    Last edited by LeonTheBarbarian; 02-09-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for suggesting ally damage, not hero damage. I have seen suggestions like this before that go so wrong because making a mechanic that self buffs by draining the users health leads to ridiculously fast games. I love the idea, I would really enjoy a self destructive style deck.
    ~~Ace