Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also most 40 cards deck typically run about 7-9 card draw, because Blood Frenzy is so strong though warrior is an exception... So you could possibly get away with just the 4 frenzy and nothing else.. If it feels like it's enough that's fine you don't have to change it... Although there are a couple options you may want to consider. Fleetfooted Messenger is pretty good especially if you run The Kings Pride... It's very good for Boris because typically there is an upper limit to the number of cards you want to sacrifice in most games. Once you reach the point where you are playing 2 cards a turn on most turns if you continue to sacrifice you run out of cards... Unless you have a way to draw even more cards than just blood frenzy. So in most games you probably don't want to go past 7-8 resources especially if you only have blood frenzy. This is what makes Fleet Footed Messenger valuable. So maybe you have a hand full of removal like crippling blows etc but nothing to use it on, but you need hand space to continue drawing cards... Fleet footed messenger lets you shuffle those into your deck for future use so you don't have to sacrifice ^.^ also he can help you find blood frenzy.

Other options include Bad Santa which has fantastic synergy with retreat... You send an ally back to your opponents hand and in the best case scenario their hand is already nearly full so they don't get to draw cards from bad Santa. If you run kristopher the wild bad Santa is even more valuable. Turn 1 kristopher, turn 2 bad Santa draw to full. When playing second you will overdraw for 1 but that is fine, as long as your opponent plays nothing on turn 2 they don't get much from it.

These are probably your best two options. Tainted Oracle is maybe your next best choice but if you already have blood frenzy in play he's usually worthless until very late in the game simply because your hand will be too full.

In any case two bad Santa or two oracle should be enough, maybe 3 if you run a deck with kristopher... I know I've mentioned kristopher quite a bit... Just for clarification kristopher is not necessarily worth including in all or even most decks... Lots of Boris decks are better without him. He does fit into the Aggro archetype quite well and is good in conjunction with the Kings Pride and bad Santa. Fleet footed messenger can still be good even if you don't run the Kings Pride but I would definitely consider other options if not using TKP
    Last edited by Nijjis; 02-08-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijjis View Post
    So I agree for a new player your deck ideas / game IQ seems considerable higher than your typical new player! The fact you recognize the value of retreat is quite impressive to me! I typically run 3 crippling and 4 retreat in my Boris decks, I like your style!

Layarian seductress is actually quite good, and even though you will end up eclipsing your opponent in resources fairly often because of blood frenzy it's still pretyy good and I almost always include it in my Boris decks. The fact that you might not be able to follow it up with a reliable way to remove that ally doesn't make it worthless... its still a good way to accumulate a resource advantage. So maybe you have to skip sacrificing for resources on a turn and you're not sure if that's your best move I totally get it... But as long as you are not losing out on drawing an extra from blood frenzy because your hand is full, it's fine... You might lose a little tempo but you are probably still gaining that resource advantage from frenzy. Also the chances of you finding the answer you need on the following turn are quite high... Between drawing another seductress, a retreat, a crippling blow, a dragons tooth, a yari marksman, or boris' hero power, the odds are pretty darn good.

Boris typically does struggle if things get too out of hand, I don't know if there is much of anything you can do in those games... He just doesn't always have an efficient way to remove multiple threats quickly... I think he operates best in the mid-range between Aggro and control. Possibly his most reliable way to turn the tide is by playing the Kings Pride, in combination with haste allies such as viska, kristopher, and fleet footed messenger. This is far from reliable though, and it's not generally going to help you win back the board... What it can do though is by you a turn or two allowing you to out face race your opponent by smacking their hero while also mitigating the damage you receive.
    Thank you for your kind words, I've been playing for something like 2 weeks and been reading a lot, seeing deck lists.

The problem I usually have when jumping into a new cardgame is not being able to decide between decks. And I ususally start getting cards for all of them, but without completing any of them, yeah I'm a lost case

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lmao I feel your pain. You should apply to join the guild I'm in A1. We have a practice account available to members with all or most the cards unlocked. I know I'm probably biased in saying it's the #1 guild, but from a competitive play standpoint it is number 1.

Typically we only recruit top tier players or new players who show promise but I might be able to pull some strings.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is your in game name?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or he can check out my guild interview thread to see which active guild he would fit in with

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....s-and-updates)

That is the link if you are looking for the right guild for you, plenty of info on there

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if you are interested in joining can you install telegram app if you don't already have and then I can get you in hopefully,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijjis View Post
    Lmao I feel your pain. You should apply to join the guild I'm in A1. We have a practice account available to members with all or most the cards unlocked. I know I'm probably biased in saying it's the #1 guild, but from a competitive play standpoint it is number 1.

Typically we only recruit top tier players or new players who show promise but I might be able to pull some strings.
    Thank you, but I need to know the game better to decide if I'll stick to it, still didn't decide.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should still join telegram regardless if you want to join a guild. The community there is the best part of the game
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    You should still join telegram regardless if you want to join a guild. The community there is the best part of the game
    What Brady said, there's a thread about it here in the new players section.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread