Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can you guys give me your opinion about the deck I'm trying to make ?

Hi guys, I'm very new to this game.
    I'm sorry if I'm posting on the wrong sub-forum.

There's one deck that I'm trying to build, don't know if it's ok, can you give me your opinion ?

Hero: Boris Skullcrusher

Allies (20):
    4x Yari Bladedancer
    2x Aldon the Brave
    4x Yari Vanguard
    3x Stalwart Battleguard
    2x Yari Marksman
    3x Armored Sandworm
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities (18):
    3x Crippling Blow
    4x Retreat!
    3x By The Sword
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    1x Enrage
    1x A Legend Rises

Items (2):
    2x Dragon's Tooth

I'm still trying to farm gold for 2 Dragon's Tooth.

This may look like a Yari deck, but it's not, I just like Yari Bladedancer and Yari Vanguard.
    I'm using By The Sword in case I'm going second, so 3 and 4 drop guys will become stronger.
    What I'm trying to do with this deck is being able to get back control of the board if I'm loosing, but don't know if it'll work.

So, what do you guys think ?
    If you have any suggestions or constructive critiscism, I'm open to them.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Lalakoboldslayer; 02-07-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its not a bad deck, consider that you are new player.i will recomended to replace stalward and berseker since they are $!t#(you know what i mean),marksman is ok but 4 is to much, one or two maybe.Then you want 2or 3 copy of aldon and 3 copy of layarian seductress, copy or 2 of aeon is ok, maybe viska or sandsworm.Just watch your mana curve when you building a deck, you dont want a twice more ally cost 4cc then 3cc in any aggro or midrange deck.About abilities its looks allmost perfect.Only diference that i have in my human warriors decks is, i dond run by the sword and runing retreat and cripling bow(more retreat then cripling bow)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertzy View Post
    Its not a bad deck, consider that you are new player.i will recomended to replace stalward and berseker since they are $!t#(you know what i mean),marksman is ok but 4 is to much, one or two maybe.Then you want 2or 3 copy of aldon and 3 copy of layarian seductress, copy or 2 of aeon is ok, maybe viska or sandsworm.Just watch your mana curve when you building a deck, you dont want a twice more ally cost 4cc then 3cc in any aggro or midrange deck.About abilities its looks allmost perfect.Only diference that i have in my human warriors decks is, i dond run by the sword and runing retreat and cripling bow(more retreat then cripling bow)
    Thanks for your answer, I reduced Yari Marksman to 2 and because of that, dropped Tala in favor of Boris.
    And got the Berserkers out of the deck, having him this was a questionable decision, since he's not that strong.
    Having Retreat can help against character attachments, friendly and hostile, maybe I should drop the swords and add Retreat, I'll try with that.
    Got 2x Aeons back, and decided to add 3x Armored Sandworm, it can become very deadly with A Legend Rises.

I'm still not sure about Layarian Seductress, I mean, she sure can come in hand if I go second, but without a 4 drop weapon, I don't think I can kill the disabled ally on next turn.
    But are you sure about the Stalwart Battleguard ? They seems nice to drop when I'm losing.
    Last edited by Lalakoboldslayer; 02-07-2018 at 03:37 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Berserker may not be a bad card to add honestly, sure it's not good for keeping tempo but if your in a tough spot it can definitely help, my advice to help deck build is to first off find out what type of player you are, and once you've built a deck to constantly find out its weaknesses. After you found that out you can be constantly editing your deck to your liking

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by da shadowmoon View Post
    Berserker may not be a bad card to add honestly, sure it's not good for keeping tempo but if your in a tough spot it can definitely help, my advice to help deck build is to first off find out what type of player you are, and once you've built a deck to constantly find out its weaknesses. After you found that out you can be constantly editing your deck to your liking
    I like to play aggro, did it in most card games.
    But I would like something that is able to turn the tide of the game, that's the reason I considered Wild Berserker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well good for you best advice I can give you is to be yourself you know what archetypes your good at

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalakoboldslayer View Post
    I like to play aggro, did it in most card games.
    But I would like something that is able to turn the tide of the game, that's the reason I considered Wild Berserker.
    I would suggest trying "Tiny Tala". It's pretty much exactly what you are describing as it is very fast but still has a lot of comeback potential. Here is the list that our guild used for the world championship this year.

Hero: Tala Pureheart

Allies (20):
    3x Layarian Diplomat ~200g
    4x Yari Bladedancer ~300g
    3x Unaxio Squire ~200g
    3x Aldmor Interceptor ~200g
    4x Layarian Knight ~400g
    3x Aldon the Brave ~430g

Abilities (13):
    3x Lythian Shackles ~120g
    4x Bad Santa ~460g
    1x Groundshift ~900g
    1x Smashing Blow ~100g
    4x Blood Frenzy ~100g

Items (3):
    3x The Last Harvest ~300g

Locations (4):
    4x Arthyle's Pass: Dead Man's Breach ~400g

41 cards ~ 12190g

If you can't afford some of the cards there are other allies that you could use. I recommend buying the location and abilities first as the deck can function without those specific allies
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I would suggest trying "Tiny Tala". It's pretty much exactly what you are describing as it is very fast but still has a lot of comeback potential. Here is the list that our guild used for the world championship this year.

Hero: Tala Pureheart

Allies (20):
    3x Layarian Diplomat ~200g
    4x Yari Bladedancer ~300g
    3x Unaxio Squire ~200g
    3x Aldmor Interceptor ~200g
    4x Layarian Knight ~400g
    3x Aldon the Brave ~430g

Abilities (13):
    3x Lythian Shackles ~120g
    4x Bad Santa ~460g
    1x Groundshift ~900g
    1x Smashing Blow ~100g
    4x Blood Frenzy ~100g

Items (3):
    3x The Last Harvest ~300g

Locations (4):
    4x Arthyle's Pass: Dead Man's Breach ~400g

41 cards ~ 12190g

If you can't afford some of the cards there are other allies that you could use. I recommend buying the location and abilities first as the deck can function without those specific allies
    Hmmm, undertood the concept.
    It seems very fast, I'll try that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to help out. Also consider joining the telegram community as you can get faster responses or can even join a guild

www.shadowera.com/telegram
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I agree for a new player your deck ideas / game IQ seems considerable higher than your typical new player! The fact you recognize the value of retreat is quite impressive to me! I typically run 3 crippling and 4 retreat in my Boris decks, I like your style!

Layarian seductress is actually quite good, and even though you will end up eclipsing your opponent in resources fairly often because of blood frenzy it's still pretyy good and I almost always include it in my Boris decks. The fact that you might not be able to follow it up with a reliable way to remove that ally doesn't make it worthless... its still a good way to accumulate a resource advantage. So maybe you have to skip sacrificing for resources on a turn and you're not sure if that's your best move I totally get it... But as long as you are not losing out on drawing an extra from blood frenzy because your hand is full, it's fine... You might lose a little tempo but you are probably still gaining that resource advantage from frenzy. Also the chances of you finding the answer you need on the following turn are quite high... Between drawing another seductress, a retreat, a crippling blow, a dragons tooth, a yari marksman, or boris' hero power, the odds are pretty darn good.

Boris typically does struggle if things get too out of hand, I don't know if there is much of anything you can do in those games... He just doesn't always have an efficient way to remove multiple threats quickly... I think he operates best in the mid-range between Aggro and control. Possibly his most reliable way to turn the tide is by playing the Kings Pride, in combination with haste allies such as viska, kristopher, and fleet footed messenger. This is far from reliable though, and it's not generally going to help you win back the board... What it can do though is by you a turn or two allowing you to out face race your opponent by smacking their hero while also mitigating the damage you receive.

Also Aeon might not be your best choice, and he doesn't really fit the Aggro archetype as he is slow to impact the board. Viska is good even if you don't include the Kings Pride but even better if you do run it.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 02-08-2018 at 04:54 PM.