Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Resolute Hornbeam

As it stands, this card grants you one card draw at the end of your turn if your hand is empty.

However, if you have more than one in play, you will still draw one card.

I am not sure if this was done on purpose or if it was just an oversight.

Would a change of “if your hand is empty at the end of your turn, draw one card for each Resolute Hornbeam you have in play.”

Again, perhaps the card design was done to prevent this. If however, this was the intention then I would think it would be nice to see a change in order to stick with the flavor of the ability.

Thoughts?
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this suggestion! I think Gondorian answered that before so I am sure he is aware that you only draw one card for any number of RH in play. But it might be good to at least test it for some period of time to have them triggered at the same time. If the draw becomes a problem (due to their stickiness) then you could revert it back or cap it to max 2 cards per turn.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup.

To be honest, I don’t see the chances of having more than 2 in play with and empty hand being very high.If somehow you ended up with three in play and an empty hand... I bet that the ability wouldn’t be able to activate anyhow as next turn you have 4 cards in hand. Sounds like fun though hahaha
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree to what you are saying and this is a good idea. However I think even better one would be to leave it as it is now regarding cards brought by multiple Hornbeam copies but rather make Hornbeam bring 2 cards when the hand is empty - given it s actually very hard to sensibly come down to 0 cards at hand and getting just 1 card extra makes for too little benfit to make it worthwhile. That being said, the change you are proposing still seems like a step in good direction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea but I propose a limit to the number of cards that can be drawn, otherwise we might run into strange turbo style decks were players purposely run out there hand and form bs removal locks. Perhaps a draw limit of 3? I know its not very likely that a player does get all 3 on the board, but consistency is the name of this game so.
    ~~Ace