Close

Thread: Safe Return

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Safe Return

Safe Return - 2cc Priest Attachment
    Attach to target friendly ally. All damage to that ally is reduced by 1. When that ally is killed, it is returned to its owner's hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Attention all Shadow Era players! Whatever your least favorite class to play against is currently, that class will most certainly be Priest once Lost Lands P2 is released!

Seriously though, do Priests have a card above 2cc in this set? Cause all we've seen so far are cards that are dirt cheap with many crazy good effects. I think part of it is that a lot of them have too many effects for their cost. Zailen Scholar is the prime example of this, but this one as well. Priests already have Tome of Blessings for universal damage reduction, why does this need that as well? Then make it that Priests can now also be less worried about using Tidal Wave when they have allies on their side as well, so long as this is attached. Combo with Divine Connection to get this back into your deck as well for later reuse, and I feel Priests are just gonna be damn near impossible to face.

Seriously, don't know what it is about Priest that they've gotten so many cards this strong and inexpensive. All other classes we've seen stuff that is mostly fair, even in these spoilers for Wulven and Elemental, all those are fair, solid cards. Priests are just ridiculous.
    Last edited by tman507; 02-02-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh my god, I want this in combo with divine connection and Tainted Oracle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tainted Oracle is not the biggest problem. Combining it with cards like Armoured Packbeast or Guardian of Unaxio will make priests quite sticky
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really nice attachment for Templar or Homunculus attachment oriented builds! It can work nice as an alternative to T2 Tome of Blessings.

One question about the interaction of this card on Radiant Wisp. Will each other make both cards returned to hand? What is the SRO when a card and its attachments are destroyed at the same time?
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    Really nice attachment for Templar or Homunculus attachment oriented builds! It can work nice as an alternative to T2 Tome of Blessings.

One question about the interaction of this card on Radiant Wisp. Will each other make both cards returned to hand? What is the SRO when a card and its attachments are destroyed at the same time?
    Ally abilities trigger first, so Wisp will put Safe Return in the hand before her death resolves so she will go to GY.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll be playing MONSTER Zhanna after this set releases.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn