Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Decreasing the CC of Spectral Sabre by 1

Hello all, I am suggesting this edit because I could see Spectral Sabre being a useful tool in weapon based decks, especially against Confluence of Fate based builds. The thing is, Spectral Sabre is never really gonna be used as a weapon unless a player does not have another one.

A 2/2 weapon with no abilities on turn 3 really is not that big of a deal even if people start to do so considering how many 2/4's and 2/3's we have in the game. So, with its role being a back up weapon and more frequently attachment removal, it would more than likely be used to counter attachment based strategies which we could use more of. I also don't see this card being played as more than a 1 or 2 of anyway, I currently don't play it, but if its cost was cut by a 1 I would consider it.
    ~~Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this idea.

Makes sense to me. 2/2 is weevil crossbow and that has an awesome ability.

I’m with you on this and would also be in favor of it.

Great idea in my opinion.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Direct buff to Stall Vess, to remove ALR easier. lol jk or maybe not

I would be opposed before, since it would be strictly better card than Rusty Longsword, but since exception was already made with Old Iron Dagger and Weevil-tipped Crossbow this would be interesting change.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess spectral sabre is opposed to severed ties. Both costs 4 but SS can be used as weapon so it's slightly better. Every attachment removal costs 4 cc so the question is. Do warrior or wulven need cheaper options?
    I guess no because it would make blood frenzy less playable which is really bad for warriors.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep exactly this ^
    The reason why SS was added in DP is as a secondary weapon for Amber plus BF removal. The worst could be to have a T3 removal of a T3 BF. I think SS is fine as it is now.

When you guys compare cards across classes please keep in mind that they have access to way different card pools.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven actually does need help with attachment removal. So, it would be a great tool for them.

Blood Frenzy is one of the most over powered cards in the game as it stands so having something in place that can help eliminate it, which is available to only warrior and Wulven, seems ok by me. This coming from a Boris player.

I was fine with Original Vermin and Sorcerer before. I would be fine with Spectral Sabre at 3 cost as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    Yep exactly this ^
    The reason why SS was added in DP is as a secondary weapon for Amber plus BF removal. The worst could be to have a T3 removal of a T3 BF. I think SS is fine as it is now.

When you guys compare cards across classes please keep in mind that they have access to way different card pools.
    Thank you for the friendly reminder, I tried to keep this in mind but somehow forgot about Amber. Having a T3 removal for a T3 buff does not seem to busted honestly, I dont know if this thread will get anywhere, but I hope it does cause I think this change would be pretty neat to see.
    ~~Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, I see this change as unneccessary and class power creep - neither Warriors nor Wulvens really need it. Warriors are already one of the strongest classes in game and Wulven are getting some really nice cards with LL2. As it stands this card is already better than ordinary attachment removal for its possible multi-purpose use and already utilized strictly more than Sever Ties. No need to buff it even more - think how nasty Darkclaw would become with seeking Speedstrike and having a multi-purpose tool for hitting for 8 dmg at even lower cc

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonTheBarbarian View Post
    Honestly, I see this change as unneccessary and class power creep - neither Warriors nor Wulvens really need it. Warriors are already one of the strongest classes in game and Wulven are getting some really nice cards with LL2. As it stands this card is already better than ordinary attachment removal for its possible multi-purpose use and already utilized strictly more than Sever Ties. No need to buff it even more - think how nasty Darkclaw would become with seeking Speedstrike and having a multi-purpose tool for hitting for 8 dmg at even lower cc
    I’m guessing you don’t play much Wulven otherwise you would know how much attachments wreck you. Pointing out that it is used more than Sever Ties makes no sense because everything is better than that card.

This is a class specific card and is hardly a “power creep” for either one of them.

Darkclaw already has a 3 cost weapon with no durability that it utilizes. This would not replace that so I don’t understand the thought behind it.

There may be legitimate reasons to not reduce its cost. Other than some warrior players not likeimg the chance of losing their Blood Frenzy on turn three, I have not see any. I don’t even consider it to be an issue when lined up with Sever Ties because nobody uses it and because SS is class specific.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tech cards to deal with attachments are historically 4cc. Not just Sever Ties but also A Legend Rises, A Legend Falls, and Shriek of Revulsion. So for that reason, I think 4cc for Spectral Sabre is fine. I could see an argument for increasing it's durability from 2 to 3 since a 2/2 weapon for 4cc does feel a bit weak.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor