Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SE gurus, how would you proceed with your new deck

Ok all Gurus of Shadow Era,

I know there are lots of guides in these boards, but most are 3+ years old and somewhat outdated. As a new player, it's hard to know if they are still worthwhile or not. I've also read many strategies about buying elemental decks and selling the cards, etc.

So, the question I'd pose to you all, and it'd be great to get multiple opinions...how would you advise a friend to get rolling in this game. They select a hero and grind for a week or two until they've earned enough crystals for a pack. They could buy a new class of Hero's starter deck and play through the campaign again with that one, or buy another starter pack in the same class to add to their availability of cards. How do you advise them to make their first purchases as a new player today, in 2018. Assume they now have 1,000 gold and 200 crystals and not buying any more yet. If there are guides that are still perfectly relevant, feel free to link to those.

Personally, I'm playing Boris, so I'd love to hear thoughts from that perspective, but from any starting Hero would make this thread more useful to a wider audience.

Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yoyo

First thing I would advise is to keep grinding away on Shadow Crystals until you get 250. That is because the value you get from purchasing Raikka Premium Deck exceeds anything else at this time.

Purchase the Raikka Premium deck and sell it off to gain gold to purchase what you need for your deck.

With that you should be able to get the pieces for a fairly competitive deck.

That is the best route to upgrade your deck.

For Boris, I would shoot for

Allies: 23
    4x Layarian Knight
    3x Priest of the Light
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Layarian Seductress
    3x Tainted Oracle
    3x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    1x Kion or Aeon Stormcaller or 1 more Viska

Abilities: 14
    4x Blood Frenzy
    3x Crippling Blow
    2x Retreat!
    3x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    1x Groundshift

Items: 2
    1x Dragon’s Tooth
    1x The King’s Pride

Hero + 39

This should get you very decent results. It is a solid deck but can be a little difficult to play because you are usually playing from behind until you make a push turn 5 - 6. That is why Boris can be a challenging hero. Many games you look as though you are losing then turn 10 you win.

This deck has some very bad matchups. Control heavy Vess Swifthands is an autoloss really unless you get extremely lucky. Generally, stall decks give you a hard time but you have better chances that you would expect. Rush Mages tend to be too fast for you.

That is Shadow Era though, so many decks are very good but all have their bad matchups. It is pretty well balanced.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-23-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest ur friend choose the class he likes then buy a premium deck (250 sc) of that class then build a deck with 40 cards for consistent draw .I would help if u guysinstall chat app "telegram" where big community of se using to chat and play tourney .And the last ,google "shadow era bonus sc" for free sc (not sure if its expired now), and "shadow era tool" if ur friend want to reset his starting hero.
    Last edited by namcastle; 01-23-2018 at 11:50 PM.
    RISING SUN

Ign : rs namcastle
    Telegram: @namcastle
    Join us and learn more about shadow era :Rising Sun - Guild Thread