Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Fresh eyes, a look at the game from a new player. Suggestions

Hey Guys, let me start by saying this is going to be a long post, there is some basic quality of life features I think need to be added and some basic game info that should be made more clear. this is my own personal opinion based on the many online card games I've played, and the features I come to find common among them.

Legendaries - How do you get them? I went through all the in-game information and I couldn't find anywhere that showed me how to get them. When I asked chat how do I get them they stated you had to know the name of the legendary then search for it in the merchant shop.

I had no clue what the legendaries were I just joined the game, so right off the bat, I was a bit perplexed on how to obtain what is normally the most important cards in the game.

First thing I checked was the packs, I see you can get a rare and maybe an epic. This makes it look like legendaries are not possible here. After talking to some people, I found out it is possible to get from a pack just rare. I think it should be stated on the packs that legendary cards can be obtained from a pack but with a very low chance.

I love the buy a card feature in the shop, but I don't see why there is not a filter by rarity option. I'm sure as you play the game more you'll memorize all the names of the cards you want. but for someone who is just joining it's nice to have the option to filter out commons and just read the U,R,E and L cards to get an idea of what abilities and strategies you might be able to come up with.

Abilities- Some of the cards have the text of what the abilities do, but some of them don't. This normally happens when an ability is introduced into a set it's written out until everyone learns it then as those abilities come up in later sets they are not given the same description since it's assumed you know what they do. With a reoccurring audience, it's great.

For new people coming in a few sets down the road, it would be nice to have either a clickable name that pops up a little box explaining the ability or even just adding in an abilities index that you can go to by opening up the options menu.

Interface- One thing that confuses me is how I can only use the chatroom if I'm in Multiplayer or campaign and how the bar which shows if you have any mail also disappears. I was having a conversation in chat and decided to go try and build a new deck. The fact I have to choose to either be able to follow chat or build a deck seemed a bit odd to me. The same thing happened when someone was trying to give me advice on some cards to purchase in the shop. I had to keep clicking back and forth between the shop and multiplayer to be able to keep up with the conversation.

I'd like to see the ability to see chat no matter which part of the client you are in, same with the inbox.

Levels - I have no clue what these do, is it just to show how much time you've spent on any given hero? do you get rewards for hitting certain levels? some explanation of what happens and if levels are even important would be nice.

Merchant - I really like a lot of the features in here, from my understanding the cards you can buy either change or have a certain stock. If they do change how often? maybe add a timer or some kind of explanation as to how it all works. Packs seem like a steal at roughly a dollar per pack. I haven't figured out how to earn shadow shards, outside of paying for them yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing a gold amount on packs, giving people an opportunity to buy them without having to pay real money on shards. (unless there is a free way to get shards that I don't know about)

The gameplay is incredible and I've enjoyed the game overall, these were just a few of the struggles I went through joining the game. Thank you for such a fun game and I hope this helps the game improve.
    Last edited by DgSage; 01-11-2018 at 12:33 AM.