It started yesterday after about a month with no problems. I was just playing the second campaign vs. Nishaven, on medium difficulty with Aramia, using a freeze deck that I had used previously without any trouble.

With no warning, in the middle of my turn in the middle of the game, SNAP! A loud pop made me think a component had failed. The mouse and keyboard wouldn't respond and my computer was locked up.

Fortunately, there was no smoke or burning smell, and I realized the sound probably came from the built in speakers.

When I restarted the machine there was a system message indicating that the computer restarted because of a problem, but the problem was still ongoing. Twinkling colored squares flooded the screen as memory was overwritten, and I had to restart again. I was notified of a log file which I allowed to be sent to Apple. It appeared to itemize the current hardware and software and implicated Shadow Era as the program at fault.

Rerunning Shadow Era didn't help. I could get through the redownload process, but couldn't play, it just crashed.

I used my computer all day and the following morning with no problems unless I ran Shadow Era. I even played a bunch of Hearthstone since it uses the Unity engine like SE does. I had no trouble with anything else. My account plays fine on my iPhone 6.

Just now I removed Shadow Era and its Libraries and reinstalled from a fresh download.

Everything seemed fine, and I finished one game vs. Nishaven in the second campaign, but when I was playing the next one vs. Serena, it popped and crashed and continued locking up and corrupting the screen through several reboots.

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2
1.4 GHz Core i7
16 GB RAM

Anybody have any idea what might be wrong or how to resolve this?