Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    If you're willing to risk it, that would be very useful info to have. When I go to the city to request a repair or replacement that works, the genius might claim that I am merely demonstrating that the game is defective. Knowing that SE runs fine on the developer's computer under the same OS would bolster my position.

If upgrading to High Sierra doesn't result in the same problem on other machines, they can't tell me that it's Shadow Era's fault on mine, unless they are saying my model has an incompatible Intel Graphics chip version or some such (which doesn't really make sense with the symptoms).
    High Sierra is now on my MacBookPro that I am typing this very message on right now here.

Am I right in thinking it's not a reproduceable error but I just need to play a lot and see if it crashes? Does it have to be against AI? As you say, we should be able to either get the same issue here or determine it's fine on my machine and likely something with your hardware. Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are able to play several Campaign matches and generally use the SE app multiple times without your machine locking up or restarting under High Sierra, that will point to my hardware being at fault.

I never found any particular card or matchup that triggered it, but if I managed to complete a couple of campaign battles without crashing, my machine would then crash during the very next activity regardless of whether I used task-switching or quit the app. I generally leave a couple of apps open at a time: eg. Finder, Safari, Shadow Era, but I don't run two Unity Engine games simultaneously.

If you can use your machine for a couple of days without restarting it, with Shadow Era in the mix, that will clinch it for me.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. Does it matter whether the campaign missions are the easy ones with dialogue or medium/hard without the dialogue? I fancy playing through a few of the Human ones on easy to show the story I worked on to my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any mode should be good for testing. I replay the Easy missions whenever new dialog comes out for them, and the crashes continue.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian