Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Overwhelm and Anmor’s Call : Revert to original?

When Vic won the WC in 2016 many nerfs followed. Overwhelm was a card that was part of the insane combination of Vic with Anmor’s Call and Gambit.

Overwhelm used to give one card when summoned in the past and I think that this card should be allowed to return to its original state. If nothing else, at least to give the community a month or so with the card to test it out and see if it is broken.

The nerf to Anmor was one that I called for adamantly. However, I am always willing to admit if I was wrong. I feel that was the case here. I do believe that Anmor’s Call was only an issue with Hunter’s Gambit recycling. I feel that with Hunter’s Gambit now being exiled, we may be able to have Anmor returned to us at 3 cost.

I would like to see everyone’s opinion on this. These threads always get hundreds of views but only a handful of comments. Please, everyone, leave a comment or question. Participation is all we want
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-08-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with everything you ve been saying here. Overwhelm could have needlessly lost a cantrip. Anmor s Call was probably going overboard as well as Hunter Gambit exile would have sufficed (as I have proposed). Big thumbs up to you to admit mistake - not many people have courage to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The nerf to overwhelm is very negligible.. You either play it, clear their board and win or you were about to lose anyway. Overwhelm is very powerful but was only ever good in a handful of decks and those decks did not tend to have problems with drawing cards (victor, ms, skervox)

I hate to admit it but I think the nerf (or more specifically a nerf, maybe not the one it recieved) to anmors may have actually been necessary. I think the anmors nerf hit way harder than the gambit nerf.

I would be interested to see anmors at 3cc but with "your hero takes 1 dmg each time this ability is activated'".

Then gambit changed to " if this card was returned from a graveyard and is not played by turns end exile it". This would stop you from being able to bring an ally to 1 then remove it via other means while saving gambit for a future problem. This would actually be a very meaningful nerf.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 04-19-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am still for thebrevert of Anmor’s Call to 3cc.

The card was a great tool for Skervox to utilize in a non NPE style of play. I know StallVox has all but been eliminated from the game so I would like to at least see it gain some tools back that it may utilize.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmm... Time to play a Necromancer and resurrect this thread.

Any opinions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can’t agree with you more! Both were my favorite cards and with the nerf they are not playable anymore. Without these cards, SE is missing combo decks in competitive play.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This was probably said above (I'm lazy to read all comments), I agree with overwhelm but anmor is one of those cards that the slightest change can make it op or unplayable. Right now seems fine as it is, some still use it even though it doesn't see the same play as it used to before the nerf.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Overwhelm had returned �� Another one of my prayers answered!

Time to go Necromancer on this thread and revive Anmor as well!

Muahahahaha!!!