Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    A two-week season starting 1st Feb could be done. I'm opposed to changing the default rating from 0 but I can adjust pairing logic to reflect the new rating landscape.
    With us about to start a new season, I've returned to confirm something above.

After spending a lot of January considering the idea of shortening the rated season, I decided not to propose it to the board for implementation for a number of reasons:

1) Having a season last exactly a month is incredibly easy for people to track, whether veteran or new player. Any smaller period of time would not be.

2) Completing 50 matches or so in a month is a reasonable target for everyone and allows for statistical significance in your match results. Halving the time available without sacrificing the statistical significance of 50 games would put too much time-pressure on players.

3) We have some changes due to go live by mid-February that should boost player activity across the full rating range.

Good luck to everyone in February!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    With us about to start a new season, I've returned to confirm something above.

After spending a lot of January considering the idea of shortening the rated season, I decided not to propose it to the board for implementation for a number of reasons:

1) Having a season last exactly a month is incredibly easy for people to track, whether veteran or new player. Any smaller period of time would not be.

2) Completing 50 matches or so in a month is a reasonable target for everyone and allows for statistical significance in your match results. Halving the time available without sacrificing the statistical significance of 50 games would put too much time-pressure on players.

3) We have some changes due to go live by mid-February that should boost player activity across the full rating range.

Good luck to everyone in February!
    I can't wait for what ever this means, best of luck everyone!
    ~~Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAce View Post
    I can't wait for what ever this means, best of luck everyone!
    I'm sorry but you will have to wait a little longer as we have pushed the changes referenced in #3 back to 1st March now for reasons that will become clear when they are revealed!

Unfortunately, I can't give any specifics at this time, but I can say the original ideas have been expanded and improved to something absolutely EPIC! It will be like nothing ever seen before on Shadow Era or any other game of this kind and is set to majorly boost activity across the board and player engagement beyond the game itself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry but you will have to wait a little longer as we have pushed the changes referenced in #3 back to 1st March now for reasons that will become clear when they are revealed!

Unfortunately, I can't give any specifics at this time, but I can say the original ideas have been expanded and improved to something absolutely EPIC! It will be like nothing ever seen before on Shadow Era or any other game of this kind and is set to majorly boost activity across the board and player engagement beyond the game itself.
    UPDATE: This became the SEF Team Challenge. It's great to look back on the hopes I had for it and see it delivered!