Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shorten the Rated Season

Yoyo everyone,

I want to say that overall, I am happy with the new rating system. I believe that it is a good system and while it will not reward you for deck testing, if you play seriously, you should be able to obtain a top 100 placement.

That said, the only issue I see with it is camping. Some players are able to camp at top spots with around 70 games. Especially since there is no decay on score.

So, my proposal is to shorten the season down to 2 weeks. Of course, prizes may have to be altered.

Most of the action for the top spots takes place in the first 7-10 days anyhow.

Also, after the midway point, your opponents average rating starts to drop with camping swhich slows your score gain.

I reviewed my last 25 games and the average rating was 278 (range of 230-320). I have a 300+ rated player maybe every 5 games. I am over 300 rating.

This shortening of a season would negate the camping of players and the need for decay. With a quick turnaround, more people can have an opportunity. Maybe you didn’t get to play much in the first half of month and feel you may not see the opponents you need to advance. Second season though is just around the corner! Start a new!

Honestly, I have always felt a month long season is too long. Meltdown is only one week. Rated could very easily be 2 weeks. I think it would ramp up activity and give players the knowledge that no longer do they need to be active at start of month where you will find more high rated players to gain score. Your next chance is very soon...

Prepare yourself and... Thank the Mango
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed ..... also mango much? We should set up some voting for this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this will be a good change! Like it!
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dktrinolcour View Post
    Agreed ..... also mango much? We should set up some voting for this.

I like the idea but I don't think we should call it a season.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not a bad idea but I think you guys are thinking things wrong I don't think players care to camp or even get in the top 100 I think players just have real lives and that's why they don't play, I usually only play 2 weeks and after that take a break till next season because I barely get any rating for a win

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by da shadowmoon View Post
    Not a bad idea but I think you guys are thinking things wrong I don't think players care to camp or even get in the top 100 I think players just have real lives and that's why they don't play, I usually only play 2 weeks and after that take a break till next season because I barely get any rating for a win
    Some camp. Some get busy. Some like you take a break. Actually, it should work out better for you. Now the games you play should theoretically be worth more since people usually grind in the first 7-10 days anyway. So, 14 day season should fit you nicely. .

I don’t think the score system needs to be fixed. I believe that it rewards strong legitimate play. You mess around, you might not rank highly.

I feel a shorter season will still reward those who are able to conquer the ladder. However, there should be some more turnaround with the 2 week season. Some people can play for one if their time is not great or play for both if time is available.

At least players can choose when they want to really push or play casually.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-28-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree Either fix the Score system or Make 2 Season In 1 month
    Proud Member Of The Blue Phoenix

IGN -: BP Itachi Uchiha
    Telegram -: @itachiuchiiha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly I think it should just remain the same some players get bust and can't play in a 14 day span also the busy players will see there rating decrease by 120 pts because of the resets due to this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by da shadowmoon View Post
    Honestly I think it should just remain the same some players get bust and can't play in a 14 day span also the busy players will see there rating decrease by 120 pts because of the resets due to this
    I hear you. The rating drop not being twice in a month would hurt some players of course. I just feel that those players are far less than those that are active.

No system is perfect and you will always have some people left out. My main focus here is to try and liven up the QM scene while also addressing those that are able to camp at the height of score with little concern from other players.

We have seen it every month in this new system. I feel it needs to be addressed.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Half a month will have different duration some months. I'd say 2 weeks would be better if we are just looking to help top 20 be more competitive but we have to think of more than that. Most people are not the top 20.

Here's what I think we could change for Jan:
    1) Decrease rating by more at start of the month so very casual people and new players can end up in similar range so new players can find games more easily.
    2) Have a Top 250 and award prizes for those top 250. This brings the competition to more people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro