Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

the game has already started...

Numerous times when starting a new qm match and waiting some time i press cancel and a message pops telling me that my game has already started, but im not able to see it and play it.

Screenshot_2017-12-27-22-31-38.jpg
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It has worked for me twice now that I go to minimize the app on my phone and lock my phone. I then wait maybe 5-10 seconds and unlock my phone. I bring back the app and usually it changes to “joining game room” and after a few more seconds, I am back into the game.

Maybe I have been lucky? No clue. It has worked for me in the past though.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, I have the same problem on PC, I get stuck in a "Joining Game Room" bug/loop, following which I get the prompt "the game has already started" if I try to cancel.

Please advise, this is really frustrating form multiplayer play and climbing up the rank...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

the game has already started...

Quote Originally Posted by ArtHistorian View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem on PC, I get stuck in a "Joining Game Room" bug/loop, following which I get the prompt "the game has already started" if I try to cancel.

Please advise, this is really frustrating form multiplayer play and climbing up the rank...
    It gets triggered when you hit Cancel at exactly the time someone joins. In Software Engineering, it's called a "Race Condition" and it happens when some concurrent code has been written badly.

Fixing it will take unknown amount of time, as we inherited the implementation and don't fully understand it, so we figured we could either take away option to Cancel (which we did for a long period and then forgot it was mainly to sidestep this bug) or have option there and let people use at their own risk. We went for the latter for now, but ...

I think we're going to have to prioritise a proper fix because Cancel is useful option to have and the experience you have described above sucks and I hear of it more and more over time. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion in the mean time! If you PM me your IGN, I'll send you some SC by way of apology. Same goes for anyone else who ran into this.