Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry Purchased Save Slots and named decks missing

This has been brought up before. I don't think it's been investigated or resolved.

My latest case is with Dark Claw. I had at least three slots purchased, and my current one was Slot Two and named 'Double Dark'.

I launched Shadow Era, removed two cards from my familiar deck to make my deck more consistent, and wanted to save it. There were only two save slots available. They were named 'Slot 1' and 'Liquid Babylon'. Slot three said it was available for X shadow crystals. I was thinking: what the fuck? where is my slot? and at the same time, I want to save this deck, but don't want to buy back a slot I already had. Consequently, I saved over the deck inspired by Liquid Babylon. I can't remember the entire arrangement of slots that I had before, but they included Double Dark and Liquid Babylon, and at no point did I choose the Double Dark slot and backspace over its name and type something else.

I don't think there even is a method to delete slots from the user side, and I had Slot 2 named Double Dark since the latest Campaign cards were released. Where did the named slot go? Why do decks vanish and require repayment to open them up again?

Follow up: I examined 'Slot 1' and it was another deck of mine, recognizable by a couple of foil cards. So I didn't get a starter deck forced upon me, I simply got truncated from three Save slots down to two, with the current deck no longer represented by a slot. Probably, the slots before the bug were: Slot 1, Double Dark, and Liquid Babylon. After the bug, I had Slot 1, Liquid Babylon, and (available for 50SC), but the current deck was the content of Double Dark.
    Last edited by a player; 12-21-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    This has been brought up before. I don't think it's been investigated or resolved.

My latest case is with Dark Claw. I had at least three slots purchased, and my current one was Slot Two and named 'Double Dark'.

I launched Shadow Era, removed two cards from my familiar deck to make my deck more consistent, and wanted to save it. There were only two save slots available. They were named 'Slot 1' and 'Liquid Babylon'. Slot three said it was available for X shadow crystals. I was thinking: what the fuck? where is my slot? and at the same time, I want to save this deck, but don't want to buy back a slot I already had. Consequently, I saved over the deck inspired by Liquid Babylon. I can't remember the entire arrangement of slots that I had before, but they included Double Dark and Liquid Babylon, and at no point did I choose the Double Dark slot and backspace over its name and type something else.

I don't think there even is a method to delete slots from the user side, and I had Slot 2 named Double Dark since the latest Campaign cards were released. Where did the named slot go? Why do decks vanish and require repayment to open them up again?

Follow up: I examined 'Slot 1' and it was another deck of mine, recognizable by a couple of foil cards. So I didn't get a starter deck forced upon me, I simply got truncated from three Save slots down to two, with the current deck no longer represented by a slot. Probably, the slots before the bug were: Slot 1, Double Dark, and Liquid Babylon. After the bug, I had Slot 1, Liquid Babylon, and (available for 50SC), but the current deck was the content of Double Dark.
    We haven't fixed it yet because we haven't been able to duplicate it, thus were having a very hard time figuring out why this happens in the first place. Did you repurchase the slot and did it take shadow crystals (which we will refund if so)?

Some other questions:

Were you using a different device from usual?
    Did you change your in-game name recently?
    What other purchases have you made recently, any other deck slots?

Also, you're correct. There is no way to delete a deck slot like that.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, Demnchi.

I didn't repurchase the slot, so I'm down to two slots for Dark Claw. I saved over Slot 2 with the content of the current deck, which had been called 'double dark' and lost the content that should be have been in 'liquid babylon'. I am down one slot that I had already paid for.

I got a new Mac Book a week ago, and put Shadow Era on it right away. But I had the problem while using my PC laptop which had just forced the Fall Creators Update upon me and restarted.

I haven't changed names, ever. I do have other accounts, but this is happening on my main account. It has been a while since I made a purchase. Sometimes I buy foils pack, but I still have unopened boosters from previous sales or promotions. I did buy one of the small promotional things on a different account about a month ago. ($4.99 Rogue special or some such). It is quite possible that the most recent purchase in SC on this account was a Save Slot, but it wasn't very recently, whereas I have been using the double dark deck every day and making little changes to it.

Save Slots are probably the most common purchase I make, but my primary account should have most of them maxxed out by now.

If I hadn't used this deck in a while, I doubt I would have reported the problem at all. I would just have puzzled over which slot to save over, and wondered why I thought I remembered having three slots but saw only two available.

This time, I am absolutely certain that Slot 2 was Double Dark, and I had two other save slots, and one of the others used to be Liquid Babylon's Darkclaw. I guess I should have just cancelled the save and looked at the content of the other slots. But then I would have lost my current deck, so I would've had to write it down or pay again for slot three which just seems wrong.

My primary account IGN is moghedian
    Last edited by a player; 12-21-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if clearing a deck in line before the other slot causes it to crash and lose the memory of it being purchased. Does the slotted deck disappear or push forward one slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just went back to my Mac Book to play a few games, made a small change to my deck, and now the slots are named Slot 1 and Slot 2.

the misnamed 'LiquidBabylon' slot has gone away. I will NOT save over slot 2 this time. I'll look and see what content each has.

(Decks were unchanged. Just the name was removed from second slot.)
    Last edited by a player; 12-22-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So, I went to look at other heroes and decks, and found that the hero after Darkclaw (Elementalis) has a deck named 'LiquidBabylon', which is in fact one of that user's decks. It doesn't appear that he ever posted a Darkclaw deck.

How did the deck name from Elementalis Slot #4 get copied over to Darkclaw deck #2 where the name Double Dark used to be? How did my Darkclaw deck's name get changed later on to 'Slot 2'?

I don't know if using multiple devices/platforms played a part or not. I have always used multiple platforms, but it has been a long time since I played on MacOS until last week. When I began playing SE in 2012 I used Android, iOS, PC and web. I occasionally played under MacOS over the following years, and don't use Android any more. Of course, web has been discontinued. Now I have access to MacOS again....

But that Elementalis slot looks like a solid clue!