Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Are developers interested in translate cards to Spanish?

Greetings!

I'm mexican and i've been playing this game for 2 years, I don't just know the cards but also understand game mechanics. I've heard that Shadow Era is moving to Steam so I think is a good chance to expand the game to latinamerican comunities, but if the game remains in English it would be hard to play.

I speak Spanish and know how to use Photoshop, so if there's any chance, i would like to help with translation, so please answer this post.

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ya he intentado traducir este juego en el pasado e incluso ofrecer las traducciones gratis a los desarrolladores y la respuesta es siempre la misma: "no hay dinero para para traducir el juego a otros idiomas"

Incluso con alguien haciendo este trabajo gratis, ellos las necesitan testear que este correcto y programar para que las mecánicas funcionen como deben.

Si quieres podemos hablar por telegram pero verás que no hay voluntad de la empresa en traducir. My usuario en telegram es @bpcolosal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Colosal View Post
    Ya he intentado traducir este juego en el pasado e incluso ofrecer las traducciones gratis a los desarrolladores y la respuesta es siempre la misma: "no hay dinero para para traducir el juego a otros idiomas"

Incluso con alguien haciendo este trabajo gratis, ellos las necesitan testear que este correcto y programar para que las mecánicas funcionen como deben.

Si quieres podemos hablar por telegram pero verás que no hay voluntad de la empresa en traducir. My usuario en telegram es @bpcolosal

Google translated to:

I have already tried to translate this game into the past and even offer the free translations to the developers and the answer is always the same: "there is no money to translate the game into other languages"

Even with someone doing this work for free, they need to test that it is correct and schedule for the mechanics to work as they should.

If you want we can talk by telegram but you will see that there is no willingness of the company to translate. My user in telegram is @bpcolosal
    I'm open to the discussion of making it a reality. I would like to see the game translated into as many languages as we can. I can't act on my own though. But its something I've certainly wanted to bring to the table when the time is right for it.

I think that those comments in the past come from an air of professionalism which maybe isn't as appropriate as it seems. I personally wouldn't mind a translation done for free if it would make the game more accessible to more people, even if it wasn't a professional effort. But as I said, I can't really represent the whole Board and it would be something that we would have to discuss before I (or anyone else for that matter) could move forward with it.

As for "testing" I think that refers to making sure it is "correct" in terms of explaining what the card does exactly. I think that's a challenge no matter the language. If they meant testing as in bug testing, then that is nonsense since the code would work the same regardless of which language it was written in. CLARIFICATION: I'm talking about the card code. There will be new implementation code that would need to be tested, which I didn't consider when I said this. But that shouldn't be too extensive depending on the actual implementation.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 12-21-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Colosal View Post

Saludos y gracias por contestar a mi mensaje, no sabía que había alguien que hablaba español en un gremio tan conocido. Me gustaría hablar contigo sobre esto, te agrego en Telegram.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I'm open to the discussion of making it a reality. I would like to see the game translated into as many languages as we can. I can't act on my own though. But its something I've certainly wanted to bring to the table when the time is right for it.

I think that those comments in the past come from an air of professionalism which maybe isn't as appropriate as it seems. I personally wouldn't mind a translation done for free if it would make the game more accessible to more people, even if it wasn't a professional effort. But as I said, I can't really represent the whole Board and it would be something that we would have to discuss before I (or anyone else for that matter) could move forward with it.

As for "testing" I think that refers to making sure it is "correct" in terms of explaining what the card does exactly. I think that's a challenge no matter the language. If they meant testing as in bug testing, then that is nonsense since the code would work the same regardless of which language it was written in.
    Greetings and thanks for reading my post. This is a great game and we think it's kind of sad that it's hard for lantinamericans comunities to play. I understand that some professionalism is needed since it's a famous game but if you have changed your mind and are open to discussion, please tell us how can we contact you for talk about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLoui View Post
    Greetings and thanks for reading my post. This is a great game and we think it's kind of sad that it's hard for lantinamericans comunities to play. I understand that some professionalism is needed since it's a famous game but if you have changed your mind and are open to discussion, please tell us how can we contact you for talk about it.
    Players can always reach me by PMing me here on the forums, emailing triton.baldwin@shadowera.com, or sending me a message on the Telegram App @Demnchi. I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel