Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Something I’ve noticed

So I’m going through the dozens (and dozens) of cards that came out since I was last active and I noticed a trend. Low damage, high synergy cards and lots of hyper niche build additions. Is that the vision moving forward or can we see higher attack, more violent aggro moving forward? Shadow Cards especially are rather weak in the haste department, and I can’t tell if I’m missing it or there’s just basically zero burn or “buff all” additions. This makes for better gameplay, probably, because people have less killshot potential in battles they should be losing late game but still.

Also, is there any plans (or cards I missed) that are made to take and keep control of enemy allies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think there is a deliberate effort to avoid Super-powered allies. If something seems very powerful and supplants the class or tribe cards in many builds, it is likely to receive a nerf.

Humans have a buff all item called The Last Harvest. It costs one resource to play, but requires three more to activate.

Which heroes are you looking to use? I'll bet there are some cards that will help you somewhat, even though you are probably largely correct about gaps and weaknesses and niche builds.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    I think there is a deliberate effort to avoid Super-powered allies. If something seems very powerful and supplants the class or tribe cards in many builds, it is likely to receive a nerf.

Humans have a buff all item called The Last Harvest. It costs one resource to play, but requires three more to activate.

Which heroes are you looking to use? I'll bet there are some cards that will help you somewhat, even though you are probably largely correct about gaps and weaknesses and niche builds.
    I’m not looking for anything specifically, just making an observation. I’m stretched too think IRL and gold-wise in Shadow Era so I’m basically just sticking to Gravebone at the moment. Portal is still the best bet to get insta-damage but we are talking T9 (Portal+Brutal Minotaur) if you want to get the best bang for your buck damage/card wise and that’s only 6. Now of course if they don’t answer a portal you put down on T4 you can smack them upside their heads on T5 but... hm.

Frostmare (2cc 1/1 haste disadvantage clause) is about as good as Shadow allies get if you want haste that isn’t a waste of a slot. At least Bloodlust works for allies placed after it too so I can get sneaky with Slingblade Demon.

I think the lack of response on defensive turns is what’s holding back big baddies and that’s likely for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow has a lot of combo based decks, while human heroes have a lot more *staple* allies. Portal decks are fairly obsolete now because of braxnorian soldier, but there are still other haste options, and other enter the board effects that are quite strong. I would look at forgotten horror and necromancer shroud as prime examples.

And a 2cc undead ally has an ability like you ask about, but the ally loses all abilities
    Last edited by A1 Surprise; 12-13-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Portal decks are still pretty good in human mages. I had great success in Quickmatch with my fatty Eladwen with Portal and Garena (I believe peaked at 320 at some point).

The issue for shadows is that they dont have the best fatties for Portalbuilds available to them, such as Nathanias and Kion. I disagree that Brax maxes those decks obsolete (if we talk about portal builds in general), in human run Thunderstrikes to kill Brax off in combination with Elad ability (shoutout to dejvo, he came up with that combo). So more than anything Shadow Heroes lack synergetic cards with Portal, if you like such as Garena Road that makes them faster and proper cantrip fatties allies like Nathanias.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont think it is possible to have low cost allies with too high of attack because of the way combat works in SE. It would make FTA even stronger. I am pretty sure Reactorary and Feasterling are as aggressive as game can go atm.

About Portal in classic Maj it is kinda too slow now imo. Decks either have much aggressive starts which can overwhelm Portal deck and midrange/control have Braxnorian Soldier (you can also see odd Brute here and there, but Voice of Winter is out there as well). I think it is more suited to be used as a secondary win condition for decks like Fire Maj or if you are building a deck around it then a way to cheat out resources post Portal use like with undeads and Undead Location: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-Undead-Majiya
    Last edited by Veles; 12-13-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla