Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Arthyle's Pass Tala [317 Rating]

Due to the sudden popularity of this deck, I am excited to share with you my Arthyle's Pass Tala deck, where I used this deck to place in the Top 20 for Best Score in November and attain a 13 win streak.

Why should you play with this deck?
    If you like getting allies with absurdly high attacks (27 is my record)
    If you like being able to play Arthyle's Pass where your 2-drop allies can deal direct damage to your opponent on the turn they are summoned.
    Or if you just want to play a deck that nerfs Rain Delay-Gwen and Shard-Zal decks.

Then this is the deck for you!

Without further delay, here's my current build.

Tala

Allies (24)
    4x Layarian Knight
    3x Layarian Diplomat
    4x Unaxio Squire
    4x Yari Bladedancer
    3x Armored Packbeast
    4x Fortified Wisp
    2x Big Drops (Kion or Gunther; Armored Sandworm could work too.)

Abilities (9)
    4x Blood Frenzy
    4x Bad Santa
    1x Enrage

Armor (2)
    2x The King's Pride

Location (4)
    4x Arthyle's Pass Dead Man's Breach

When playing with Arthyle's Pass, you have to be very careful about the fact that whenever one of your allies dies, you lose health.
    Consequently, warrior heroes have great synergy with the location as they have access to some nice heal cards (Enrage, Rampage). For this reason, I also included Armored Packbeast. In particular, Tala became a natural hero choice as her ability grants protector to one of your allies (preferably Wisp, but Packbeast works too) and this will protect your weaker 2-drops from being wiped off the board and also prevent the loss of life. The two big drops preferably have Steadfast which also make for good candidates for granting protector status as they are difficult to remove from the board with cards like Retreat.

Choosing 2-drops: Yari Bladedancer and Unaxio Squire are also natural choices for the deck as they allow you to bypass the meek constraint and hit your opponent for direct damage by using their abilities. Layarian Knight is a good early 2-drop to secure the board and the Diplomat negates passive abilities from nuisance cards like Braxonian Soldier, Dakrath and Night Owl.

Making sure the deck has as few cards as possible and having many deck drawing abilities is very important. You often *need* the location at some point to regain board control.

However, contrary to popular belief, you actually do not need (or even want) the location to be on the board for the entire game in many matchups. You just use it to regain control of the board-(which takes usually 1 or 2 turns). After that, you usually do not *need* the location. There are other variations of this deck being played at the moment. Another popular version (which typically uses Aldon/The Last Harvest and not Packbeast/King's Pride) offers less protection for your allies in favor for a more aggressive approach of the board. The downside to this approach is that the life gain from Packbeast helps offset the health lost from the location and Packbeast is a great candidate for Protector status.

This deck is a lot of fun and if you have any questions let me know.

-shadowphnx
    Last edited by shadowphnx; 12-28-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    king s paid his pathetic in the current meta: too many item destructions around. replace it with some more useful like a legend rises to boost your creatures and invalidate enemy attachments

Cerddorion
    i haven't seen much ID on QM lately. KP tends to stick around a while for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been playing this deck a little bit. It is fun. Well built thanks.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdoom View Post
    king s paid his pathetic in the current meta: too many item destructions around. replace it with some more useful like a legend rises to boost your creatures and invalidate enemy attachments
    The King’s Pride is never pathetic. It just has to be used at the right time.

It is a card used to either finish off your opponent or to take control of the board. If you play it defensively as armor with nothing in play to utilize the buff, then yes, it is a wasted turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i prefer war banner instead, lot cheaper and +1 attack allow you to control board more effectively. in current meta allys get destroyed in 1 turn with al cc or ally destruct9ion stuff around. but well guess is personal choice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    War Banner would likely fit the lower curve better. So would The Last Harvest

For this deck, likely could remove one Wisp and both TKP and have 3x The Last Harvest

Early drop and buff which is permanent on the ally but it is a matter of preference.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-26-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    War Banner would likely fit the lower curve better. So would The Last Harvest

For this deck, likely could remove one Wisp and both TKP and have 3x The Last Harvest

Early drop and buff which is permanent on the ally but it is a matter of preference.
    Agreed, there are definitely pro's and con's to using The Last Harvest/War Banner over King's Pride.

When I selected King's Pride for the deck, I had the following reasons in mind.

*If you already have board control, it translates into instant life loss to your opponent.
    *Item destruction is not so common in the meta.
    *The armor protects your health (this is important as Blood Frenzy and Arthyle's Pass can drain your life).
    *If your King's Pride survives one turn, it gives your 2-drops that you play the following turn a strong buff (in contrast to The Last Harvest).
    *Ally buffs are not usually needed early in the game. By playing two 2-drops with haste, you can kill many 3-drops and some 4-drops.
    (Three 2-drops with haste can kill pretty much anything.) Ally buffs however are desirable later in the game when you play a 2-drop against a 6-drop.