Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Offering Draws to Inflate Ratings/Score

Hi Shadow Era Community,

I recently played a match with a high rated player who offered me a draw at the beginning of a match simply because it was a bad matchup.
    I found this practice to be really unsportsmanlike. Yes, we all have bad matchups, but if players are going to offer draws to keep up their rating points, then I think something should be done about this as it allows players to self-select who they play. Or worse, if you know you are going to lose rating points by winning against a player, then of course you should offer a draw if you want to keep your rating up.

I don't have a really good solution to this problem, but it would be interesting if SE could also track the number of draws that are being offered to detect abuse.

What are your thoughts?

-shadowphnx

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You don't have to accept the offer so I don't see a problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You don't have to accept the offer so I don't see a problem with it.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not quite. I know there are players in the Top 10 that are doing this to get a higher rating/score.
    So if I want to enter the Top 10, that would mean I should be offering draws for unfavorable matchups.
    But since I find this to be really unsportsmanlike, it detracts away from the game and the value of having a rating/score.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Draws are displayed in a player's record if you click on their profile status. We can easily check the record and # of draws of all the top 100 players and any player that you search for as well.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17