Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
The Merchant has just done a hefty restock and is also telling players on the "Waiting for opponents" screen about it. Now he's done that, we can delve into whether having him do this kind of thing of his own accord, presumably to help players be able to get any card they want directly for gold, is something in all our interests???...
I think it's great that there's a place players can find out that there's been a merchant restock. Previously, I'd have to periodically go to the merchant to check up on the stock or rely on the forum goers to shout it out in the forum.

In my opinion, the merchant restocking should be something that happens from time to time. However, it would be great if the schedule on when this happens based on certain logic. For example, when new cards come out, there would be an initial stock of cards that let's say would satisfy 500 customers and then a week will pass before he gets to restock for another 200 customers. After a month has passed, it will take him every two weeks for 100 customers. It will also be good if he restocks the numbers based on the rarity of the cards. I just feel like there should be some satisfaction and effort in getting those rare cards (especially if you're trying to do it without spending) even if it's just being at the merchant at the right time just to be able to buy the last 4 cards of that rare one.

The great thing about this game is that you can craft the deck you want without having to spend a single dime, but you will need to put in the time in playing, joining tournaments, winning meltdown or the monthly ladder and scanning the merchant. But you don't have to rely on random luck in getting the card you want as you would in other games. However, there should also be a way for those that do spend money to get things quicker than those who don't. Boosters and card packs for SC allow for that. A truly F2P game will be a balance of that and I think Shadow Era achieves that.