Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Once again see banebow zaladar, or Gwen darkclaw. Those are basically the same thing.

Actually what I suggested would be radically different than any hero period. Being able to choose between two effects woke be completely unique.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what is wrong with another hero having the same or similar ability as another? as long as its not the same class, have at it. it will play different because it has different cards to play with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zal is different then banebow just like any other hero comparison but what your suggesting is similar to raikka ability no use

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rothem actually got a pretty nice buff with Phaedon Barbarian. I had a lot of fun playing him on the test server.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok then you just said it yourself, it's similar but different, just like in the cases I mentioned before which in my mind are much more similar.

Nice to hear rothem got a buff. The thing that gets my goat is there are no shadow warriors worth a damn in my opinion and that upsets me greatly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Zaladar costs 4SE and this guy can do more damage to opposing hero than him (or any other hero in fact) with his hero ability by spending 1SE more.
    I disagree only because you have to have allies/weapons in play to utilize his ability where as Zaladar is always able to take advantage of his ability regardless of his board situation.

Also, Human hero's have Brax which would keep you in check from summoning many hasted allies to go along with Rothem ability which is generally the way you would like to utilize it.

There is also Ground Shift that I have played defensively when I see Rothems ability would be charged which truly screws him.

I think for an ability that requires allies and or weapons to be in play to utilize it effectively, it should be lowered to at least 4SE.

Raikka is 3cc because she must also have allies in play for it to be effective. Rothems ability is basically the same as Raikka. It is just that instead of allies having one damage reduced, they deal one additional damage. Also, maybe you run 4 or 5 weapons in deck so you will not always get the benefit from the weapon buff.

So, I feel it is actually quite reasonable to have it at 4SE as opposed to 5.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-23-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wanted to bump this for others to remember it is here.

Another great thread that I think has strong viewpoints for change to this hero ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks all for your consideration and input. I feel that rot hem doesn't really want to play weapons so the weapon half of his buff is really out of sync with the reality of him as a hero. It's just too hard to have a weapon available when needed... Or maybe I've been looking at it wrong the whole time, maybe the weapon (JD) comes down the turn you use ability. If you can stick two allies the turn before, then JD plus 2 hasted allies.. I think one way to do it that may work. Thats a pretty tall order though... Unless you can frostmare for free you need at least 6 resources to play JD + 2 mares.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you could load up the board with things like caged savage vermin but it's not actually worth for just 2 dmg. You would need assault plynth + war banner or some way to bypass his passive to make it worth.

What I like about the possibility of being able to reduce damage or buff your allies attack with my suggested change is that it gives you flexibility. You can use it to set up a board and then pump their attack. Also synergies well with things like battle hardened and defender. Would make for an insane undead warrior deck can you imagine??
    Last edited by Nijjis; 01-17-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to see the change to 4SE if nothing more than just to see it tested out. I’m all for mayhem though and I figure this could cause quite a bit of madness... hehehe.

Basically, if you don’t have a weapon in play, only allies, it is a 5SE Banebow Ability. Not even that much though if your allies are not able to attack. Having the ability be so predicated on whether or not you have allies or weapons in play makes it useless at times if you lose your allies before your ability is ready. Especially at 5SE
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter