Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

In-game communications

We all know the in-game communication system sucks, that's why Telegram was brought to Shadow Era. I believe that Telegram has killed our forums, which used to be lively and productive, with many discussions and deck listings/debates. Most of which can still be found and read, not nearly as easy to do on Telegram. Global chat works, but groups need a place for instant private discussions (guilds, tournaments) and Global or the forums do not readily support this. The in-game mail system lacks notifications, which would help pop-ups and tournaments.

New Board of Directors, this is aimed at you. Why should we have to use a 3rd party app for proper communications? Not to mention the chat bugs where text cannot be seen. Let's keep people IN the game!

Not trying to be rude or be a prick. I support all that is being done, and have/will be around for a long time and spend money to support it. Let's fix this problem!

--SD Vexmaw

TLDR: global and in-game mail are broken, time for a redo
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I fully agree with you, my brother.

Since last update players cant see anything they are typing, on in game chat, global chat, and in game mail.

I dont know how hard it is to fix that, but i think that had already take too long for us to live with this situation.

I like to use the forums and I believe that, with decent chat system inside the game players will spend more time playing and logged in.

I dont believe in game chat will early replace telegram and all its uses, but i believe it can be far better than what it is now.

Enviado de meu LG-K220 usando Tapatalk
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to clarify the TG thing, it was brought in w permission from SE (Kyle & Gondo ). by A1 3 yrs ago, not to replace anything but to simply give players a place to chat about SE and such. IRC was rarely used although Gondo had a cool split screen web version where you could chat and play at the same time.
    We had absolutly no idea the effect it would have on forums, but it did....just as all modern things go, people want stuff faster , that's what TG did.

As for ingame chat, I've not seen these bugs, but I have heard of them, and I know the board is aware and working on solving them. As far as trolls and people who just wanna be jerks, that's why we have chat mods, we can't monitor in game chat, but you can screen shot abusive behavior , pm one of us mods and we will do something about it.

But all forms of communication have been brought about w the very idea of keeping the players involved and in game as much as possible and with as much fun as possible.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be glorious if Telegram could be merged with Global. Telegram is an amazing addition, with the exception of being 3rd party. Our developers have no control over it, no ability to modify it. I remember the old split screen with IRC, and it kinda worked. If Telegram could be placed in-game, it would be best. Split screen doesn't work on mobile to my knowledge (I no longer own a PC)

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    We can and should improve the in-game Chat Lobby and in-game Mail. It's a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What do other games do, by the way, and how effective do you think it is? We've never minded people mentioning other games here so don't be afraid to give lots of details.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    What do other games do, by the way, and how effective do you think it is? We've never minded people mentioning other games here so don't be afraid to give lots of details.

The only other MMO game I have ever played was World of Warcraft, different type, different budgets, no fair comparison. I just hate the fact that everyone leaves the game to go to Telegram. Global is always dead (or trolled) and the forums are a shell of their former glory. Hoping (and dreaming) for apps like Telegram and IRC to not be needed anymore. I'm not saying go break the bank here, but newer/casual players might think using a 3rd party chat is both weird and a pain in the ass to go back and forth. Veterans are used to it. But veterans keep spending regardless, new money would be nice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexmaw View Post
    The only other MMO game I have ever played was World of Warcraft, different type, different budgets, no fair comparison. I just hate the fact that everyone leaves the game to go to Telegram. Global is always dead (or trolled) and the forums are a shell of their former glory. Hoping (and dreaming) for apps like Telegram and IRC to not be needed anymore. I'm not saying go break the bank here, but newer/casual players might think using a 3rd party chat is both weird and a pain in the ass to go back and forth. Veterans are used to it. But veterans keep spending regardless, new money would be nice.
    Telegram is never going to fully replace the forum. How would anything constructive ever happen? It's a free-for-all chat platform.

That being said, I recently posted a couple of things on the shadowera Reddit (a platform not seen as old tech whereas forums do seem to be) so that's one place to try for this kind of high-value discourse as opposed to a lot of noise. Facebook interaction is up too.

I really think we need a place people can spend a while writing something and have others spend a while considering it, and for both sides to have got value from that time. Telegram or any chat service will never be able to offer that. I know that's not always how people use this forum, but it is possible here. This thread itself is proof.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    HS has friend list and you can chat individually with your friends in game. You also have option to challenge your friends for a match. Very basic. No group chat in game itself although recent update to Battle.net added option to create chat groups.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    HS doesn't even allow chat between players in-game! All you are permitted to say is 'wow', well-played, oops, or greetings
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian