Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena/cutlass vs cards with discard abilities (can't reproduce)

During my last game 2 times using account named Salt and Vinegar, my cards that got discarded, brimstone devourer and reactory, neither ones discard ability triggered. This happened both times when Serena used cutlass. These had previously worked before in this exact manner. Don't know if some code got messed up or what.
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 11-17-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for reporting, but I can't see anywhere something didn't behave correctly.

None of this code has changed in about 2 years (maybe more) and the correct behaviour when Serena hero ability is active with Cutlass out is as follows:

1) If she steals a Reactory or Tenacious Buccaneer then the card goes to her hand from grave before it can go to the board from the grave. So it's about the Standard Resolution Order and the fact a card can't be in two places at the same time. Likely it has worked for you when she didn't have 4 attack on the cutlass (when she doesn't steal the card).

2) Brimstone Devourer will still do the 3 damage whether she stole the card or not, since it's not trying to go to 2 places. I've tested this to confirm just now and it works fine. If you can tell me the opponent and turn that you think it didn't happen then I can look into the specifics.

Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Both brim and reactory say when discarded from anywhere, and Serena and cutlass both say discard. This is a common match up I have and a strategy I use is to hold those so they react. This is a new reaction. The brim should go to their hand, but also cause 3 damage whIch it didn't,, but the reactory should and has always gone to the field. Wouldn't it's ability tigger in the middle of their ability and then go to field.

Maybe some bug happened in the code, I dunno

Not sure the turn, I can check later, maybe turn 8-9 for the brim, much later for the reactory
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 11-18-2017 at 01:19 AM.