Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hunters gambit change

Yoyo everyone!!!

Hunters gambit change. 2CC -1 Health draw 1 card no Exile.

1) This allows Ironhide Karash to make a head first charge back into the game!

2) Not having it be exiled also helps Vic with recycling it for a second use.

3) 2 draw Cards is actually very strong and there are not many abilities that for 3cc grant you 2 draw and help to kill an ally or outright kill one. Flavor wise, Hunters are supposed to work harder for their draw as well.

4) 2cc cost also combo better with Deepwood Bobcat allowing for more possible builds to flourish. Allowing for a combo to come one turn earlier is huge

I like this idea because it’s mine and obviously right :P I would like to hear what you guys have to say though. Let me know if I am absolutely crazy or if you think it could shake up the meta a bit. In the end, that’s all I really want to do. Get some diversity back into the game.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Yoyo everyone!!!

Hunters gambit change. 2CC -1 Health draw 1 card no Exile.

1) This allows Ironhide Karash to make a head first charge back into the game!

2) Not having it be exiled also helps Vic with recycling it for a second use.

3) 2 draw Cards is actually very strong and there are not many abilities that for 3cc grant you 2 draw and help to kill an ally or outright kill one. Flavor wise, Hunters are supposed to work harder for their draw as well.

4) 2cc cost also combo better with Deepwood Bobcat allowing for more possible builds to flourish. Allowing for a combo to come one turn earlier is huge

I like this idea because it’s mine and obviously right :P I would like to hear what you guys have to say though. Let me know if I am absolutely crazy or if you think it could shake up the meta a bit. In the end, that’s all I really want to do. Get some diversity back into the game.

Thanks for reading everyone!
    I think its a good idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would be a huge meta changer. Not sure if for the better or worse.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A perfect change for victor to comeback also it can be used with crusader again for free

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    too weak for 2cc. you turned it into a cantrip (which unfortunately is a rogue thing and dont want to mess up flavor). so you replace the card and only do 1 health damage. if it was 1cc, i would think its ok, but not 2cc.. would be better to just remove the exile and say sorry to victor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For 2 cc draw a card and -1 health is similar to how it started. And it lead to an op victor. Remember that vic can kill any ally. Even fatties or tanks.
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against it, since it will do 180° the opposide of what you are claiming. First of all drawing 1 card is next to useless, not even Vic will benefit from recycling that. You are better off replacing gambit with Cantrips all together in that case.

Also this change is a direct nerf to all competitive Hunters that are not Victor, means Gwen/Banebow/Baduruu. Thats not a increase its a redcution of diversity. If you think BB and Badu are broken the answer is not gambit but to take a look at the undead tribe/shrouds (I disagree completely obv). If your aim is to help Victor just remove the exile part of it, it has never made any sense anyway and just killed 40 card Victor builds. The likes of Karash wont come back anytime soon outside of Mage decks eitherway, because Feasterling exists.

As it stands Gambit is the primary draw of Hunters, reducing it to 1 card is unacceptable and the reduction of -HP doesnt benefit anyone but Victor. In no universe will that change increase diversity of any kind.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paxvobiscum View Post
    For 2 cc draw a card and -1 health is similar to how it started. And it lead to an op victor. Remember that vic can kill any ally. Even fatties or tanks.
    No, it has always drawn 2 cards. This is what made Victor's ability go crazy when you can loop a single Hunter's Gambit round and round.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    No, it has always drawn 2 cards. This is what made Victor's ability go crazy when you can loop a single Hunter's Gambit round and round.
    I still disagree that that has ever been a problem. It made 40 card Victor consistent and a great answer to decks that throw out fatty after fatty (that make up the meta now). It only got ridiculous in Amor fat Vic due to combination of several cards such as Anmor and Overwhelm. Now that you removed the cycling 40 cards Vic is dead and the only viable build is fat vic.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberFade View Post
    I still disagree that that has ever been a problem. It made 40 card Victor consistent and a great answer to decks that throw out fatty after fatty (that make up the meta now). It only got ridiculous in Amor fat Vic due to combination of several cards such as Anmor and Overwhelm. Now that you removed the cycling 40 cards Vic is dead and the only viable build is fat vic.
    The thing that meant it was best for Victor was definitely that it could go round and round. The -1HP was explicitly there to make it less useful for other Hunters, so they might not so reliably get the 2 card draw from it.

Yes, the dependence on needing different copies of Gambit has really hampered Victor, unless he can seek them with General of Unaxio. Meanwhile, the -2HP has boosted everyone else but Victor.

It can't go back to not exiling unless we lose the 2 cards drawn, for reasons I mentioned in the post you replied to. But letting one copy go round (i.e. no exiling it) and drawing 1 card each time would be balanced, I believe.

You say that is not worth running, but consider what you get for the 4SE and 2cc cost (or 0cc cost when Zailen Crusader is out).

As for other hunters, what draw did they have before Hunter's Gambit? Were they all dead in the water? Heck no. Banebow was decent and Baduruu would have been propelled up by his Emore Crossbow anyway.

If we leave OP card draw like this in the game (which has always been the thing that broke other stuff most reliably) then it will really hamper balance in future.

It's been left alone (despite being undercosted) long enough because I couldn't see a strong gameplay/balance reason to nerf it (I will avoid a nerf if I can), but now's the time to sort it out, I think. All Hunters are strong. All of them. 3cc for -2HP and 2 cards drawn is way better value than any other source of card draw. Even at -1HP and 2 cards it would have been great value at 3cc (but it was 2cc).