Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Totally agree with everything said here. Riphide is one of those allies who should potentially be a game changer when he hits the board. Instead, all he does is kill the Krygon sitting next to the Forgotten Horror....Bloodfang's ability is one thing but I don't see myself or anyone else hard casting the 7cc Riphide for that result.....unless its a last ditch effort near the end of a game you're about lose. Targeted option for sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I like it. If it proves too strong then there could always be further adjustments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just want to join in again to say how much I love the idea.

I won a pop up streamed by Gondo not too long ago but I was fortunate to always have the board in a state where Rip came down and took care of what I wanted it to.

The class overall has many limitations. Riphide can be a game changer. I fell this change would be inline with Gondorian's idea of 7cc allies having a huge impact in the game. If you can summon this guy and target an opposing ally that is a legitimate threat other than those low health allies that are basically a meat shield, it would definitely have a greater impact.

I once again cast my vote for this change!

Make Bloodfang great again!

well, never was great. likely will not be with change...

Make Bloodfang slightly more playable that he currently is in his current state!

Does not quite roll off the tongue...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also agree with OP's suggestion. Riphide being targeted will given Wulven a chance at board wipe, which is something they don't have but really need. IMO Riphide would want to go after the big guy for flavor reasons, strikes me as one who won't just want to tear up the little guys. He WANTs to rip Ogloth, etc. VoW I can understand if they can't change, that is reasonable to ,e.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wanted to keep this going!

There have been those that said Riphide should maybe just be changed to attack the opposing ally with the highest attack. So, same ability as Forgotten Horror.

I can see this being fine as well to be honest. I do like the targeted ability idea myself but I am up for any change that takes away the killing of lowest health.

Wulven already have many options to remove low cost allies that I see no reason to have another ally, especially a 7 cost ally, that will likely target those low cost opposing allies as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Make Riphide Targeted!!!

Lol. Just manipulated my board to limit its effectiveness against me by having a 2cc ally with low health in the board. Meat shield. Lol.

If we want to have the 7cc cards be impactful like Kion, Vull is not quite there yet, then allow Riphide to be targeted. The stats are already subpar for 7CC with no other ability or damage reduction. Give Riphide a little more flavor. It makes more sense to do so with Riphide because it is a Class specific ally. Kion though can be used by all Human and is incredibly, maybe too, powerful.

Riphide should have more impact for his Cost and shaky survivabilty.

Riphide!

“When Riphide is summoned, it has Ambush until the end of your turn and target opposing ally is attacked”

I wanted to add just the one turn Ambush because It actually loses its ability to attack through Protector if changed to Targeted. Also, I like the idea of getting in a swing with no retaliation. Maybe a bit much but really only Blood Fang uses it so I am not worried about it being abused. Just hopeful that it may help raise Blood Fang into the competitive scene.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I say try the change out. It'd make the tribe more viable competitively
    Metacognition.me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump!!!
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ambush would probably be too much for him given all the powerful cards Wulven will be getting in LL2. I am really glad that so many players agree on this change and support it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I loooovee this idea, please put this on this list for the next update.
    ~~Ace