Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Soul Seeker vs Eternal Troll w/ Holy Shield and Vision of Endia

Here is an interesting one I just had happen. I have Eternal Troll on board 2/2 with Holy Shield. Opponent puts Vision of Endia on the troll and attacks with a unbuffed 2 attack Soul Seeker. Troll takes 2 damage but health is only reduced to 1, still counter attacks, Opponent still heals for 3.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaria View Post
    Here is an interesting one I just had happen. I have Eternal Troll on board 2/2 with Holy Shield. Opponent puts Vision of Endia on the troll and attacks with a unbuffed 2 attack Soul Seeker. Troll takes 2 damage but health is only reduced to 1, still counter attacks, Opponent still heals for 3.
    Holy Shield says "that ally takes no damage and can't be killed". The Vision of Endia overrides the "takes no damage" but it doesn't override "can't be killed" so the ally must stay in play with health of 1 because 0 health means dead yet this ally can't be killed.

So the damage has not been prevented, but Holy Shield is saying "whatever happens, I will give you 1 health because otherwise you will be dead".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about the health recovery from Soul Seeker then? Hunter's Gambit can lower the health to 0 even with Holy Shield on, the ally will stay on board with 0 health until the start of my next turn and then go to the graveyard with the Holy Shield.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaria View Post
    What about the health recovery from Soul Seeker then? Hunter's Gambit can lower the health to 0 even with Holy Shield on, the ally will stay on board with 0 health until the start of my next turn and then go to the graveyard with the Holy Shield.
    1. The Soul Seeker healing is incorrect. Sorry I missed that. The ally was not killed, so no heal should happen. I'm thinking Vision of Endia is the root cause.
    2. The ally shows 0? I'll have to fix that up too. It should show 1 whatever happens while it can't be killed. I don't think this is affecting functionality but just unclear.

Thanks for reporting. Probably can't get these sorted for 3.52 now. Too risky to go meddling with the health code this close to release. I can line it up for 3.53.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The damage in that interaction also wasnt doubled from Vision of Endia, it only dealt the basic 2 damage from the Soul Seeker, then only reduced the health by 1.

The interaction between Holy Shield and Hunter's Gambit I just figured was normal since its not technically dealing any damage, just reducing thier health. It doesnt actually show 0 health, it's more like a blur where the health number should be if I remember right.