Close

Threaded View

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

The test server is back!

Hi, everyone!

A long time ago, on a server far far away, we used to invite the general public to help us test an update before its release, looking for bugs and broken/OP cards before they went live.

I think overall that was a great thing to be able to do, but it went away when Unity stopped supporting a web client.

But, nowadays, it is possible for us to give out Windows/Mac/Android builds for people to try and also iOS builds via Testflight, so why not bring it back, I thought.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to sign up on it yourself, but I can add people manually.

Please reply below if you are interested, giving:
    * Your IGN
    * Your platform(s)
    * Your Telegram name (so I can add you to Test Server chat)
    * Whether you are a Token Holder

your IGN and platform(s). I can then copy your email and password over to the test server and fill your account with all the cards. I'll then send you a link to where to get the client via PM.

Since I will need to add people manually, I will prioritise people who are qualified for WC2017 or have signed up for the Regional Qualifiers or are Token Holders. After that, I will try to work my way through all others.

Cheers!

--------------

THINGS WE WOULD LIKE TO TEST:

1) Balance Changes for correct behaviour and balance
    2) New 13 Campaign cards for correct behaviour and balance
    3) AI behaviour since I made further improvements to it for 3.52

KNOWN ISSUES:

1) The Mac/PC build has the wrong text on the card image for Winged Redeemer
    2) The non-foil versions of Layarian Knight, Layarian Sentinel, Phaedon Barbarian and Phaedon Commander are acting like heroes, so all test server accounts have been given foil versions (which work correctly).

WATCH LIST:

* Phaedon Barbarian may be OP with Hunters (particularly Baduruu).

POTENTIAL CHANGES BASED ON TESTING SO FAR:

* Phaedon Barbarian ability changed to "When your hero kills an ally in combat while you a weapon with sword or claw attack, Phaedon Barbarian is readied." (Flavor-wise he doesn't look like friend of hunters, and we can then apply surgical buff to Darkclaw and Shadow Warriors.)