Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems the issue with Sosilo is the insane draw power it has and the synergy with Atherborn Wisp. One possible change to Sosilo without destroying the location for Templar based decks which I think is intended for, could be:

Human Location: Balor
    While every ally you control is a Templar ally, when an ability or location is discarded from your hand, draw a card.

This would limit some of the draw power in a Lay Low Lance with Atherborne Wisp but the location would be unchanged for a Templar based deck. This Templar requirement is consistent with the other Templar ally abilities.

E.g. Guardian of Unaxio damage to hero is reduced by one when all allies have Templar alignment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Problem with your statement is that we have all the cards for this set at this point and this deck has been dominant for at least the last 3 months... so, yeah, your requirements have been met :P

The biggest issue with this deck is that everything within it is tailored to win in a very certain way almost in line with a solo deck.

Glimmer - A decent card that actually helps with what its name says, that last dig to find something to save your butt! It is meant to give you a chance but at a large cost of losing 2 of 3 cards. I better draw what I need or else... what a waste. However, Sosilo turns the terrible downside of this card into the best draw card in the game allowing you to sculpt your hand by possibly going through 5 cards for 2cc.

Knight of Unaxio - A good card with strong base statistics. The card will become stronger for you but you have to lose a card! Ouch... however, Sosilo comes in and now that large downside of sacrificing a card to get that pump of +2/1 is a 0cc card draw and buff.

Aetherborn Wisp - A card with average stats that has a mechanic allowing it to grow by sacrificing your hand. Again, another card with great growth compensated by you having to thin your options. However, Sosilo is dropped and now every option that you remove from your hand buffs this ally BUT!!! your hand is restored!!!

Moment of Acquiescence - Honestly, I feel this card has always been a problem and this is not my first time saying so on the forums. 1cc and you are able to disable and possibly cause 2 damage for three turns AND you get draw from it? Besides the fact that disable is one of the strongest negative effects in the game, the extra draw makes this card absolutely ridiculous. Oh yeah, Sosilo arrives and booya! Disable and draw a card...

The common issue here is Sosilo. Unfotunatley, Lance is able to utilize this better than most other Hero's due to his previous stock of abilities. So, while the location is not necessarily the problem, It is much better to reduce the effectiveness of the location and leave Lance alone. It is not the first time a hero ruined something for everyone. Baduruu did it with Wulven Tactician

My feeling is that the Location should not provide more than 2 cards drawn per turn. It is a free draw engine that is easy to activate but only able to fully abuse by Lance. That makes the location the issue and where our focus should be. T5 is not enough imo and will do little to slow this deck. It is not when the location comes into play really but the positive effect you get once it is in play.

I do not think either of the allies really need to have any changes. Knight and Wisp are decent allies that only seem too much in this particular deck. So my sole focus is really on the location and maybe Moment.
    I agree with all of this. Lay Low and Smoke Screen is what makes it possible for Lance to gather all combo pieces without being rushed to death but those are off limits. However deck existed in pre Sosilo in SF and it was not this oppressive. You can see some iterations here:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....mi-Solo-Lance-!!!

What changed since then is addition of Sosilo and Moment.

Sosilo replaced Bazaar as draw engine. Being tempo free and having great synergy with Knight, Cape, Glimmer and Moment meant you can go much faster trough your deck, unlike with Bazaar that drew you one extra card per turn. This also mean you can add much more toolbox ability cards to your deck which you can simply cycle via Sosilo if they are not needed in specific MU.

Moment is op imo since its latest buff. It does too many things for just 1cc imo. Stalls an ally for 3 turn, sometimes also deals damage to that and if that is not good enough it draws you a card in the end. That might be tolerable if not for Sosilo to negate its drawback. In this specific deck it helps you stop early aggression until T4 when you can start chaining Smoke Screens.
    Last edited by Veles; 11-13-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a fair solo-control decks has to exist-but it is too fast-as burnout said
    nerf wisp and defer location to stop the decking making partially rush wins-which is a brainless part
    smoke and lay low and moment and solsilo is a beautiful combination that is not be fucked like skervox ability
    this game-has almost no control decks-almost no combo decks-after all these bs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with LLL is that is full of combo that make you draw more than the other decks around. In this way its easy to reach the stall lock of the creatures+laylow+shrine of negatia. In the meanwhile your creatures grown and your opponent can't touch them thanks to the great control tools the rogues have at disposal.

So if you don't want to change laylow, shrine and smokescreen, you should touch the knight, the wisp, moment of acquiescence and sosilo to make the deck more balanced.

In example, removing the draw ability of the last 2 cards, making them renew 1 used resource.
    For the knight and the wisp maybe the buff until the end of the turn (so they aren't big monsters and the opponent has a chance to kill them when it is possible) or making them gain a permanent +1/-1 for each card the owner discards
    A1 | Alliance One - Evolution in Theory
    www.a1-shadowera.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Problem with your statement is that we have all the cards for this set at this point and this deck has been dominant for at least the last 3 months... so, yeah, your requirements have been met :P
    no, no, no.
    let me have a few run first with him.
    so no, my requirement has not yet been met

srsly guys. let me just have a few run up the ladder with Lay Low Lance.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still needs fixed imo. Seeing this a lot with Justicars Cape which allows them to attack and buff Knight of Unaxio twice in the same turn. If they happen to have another Justicars Cape in thier hand to drop over the first then they can do the cycle 3 times. I think limiting the draws off sosilo to 2 cards per turn and something to slow down Knight of Unaxio. Could make it so it doesn't gain the +2/+2 until the end of the turn or make it cost 2 resources instead of a discard. Also would like to see reqs for the steadfast so thier are more options to counter it.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Not a single Lance of any kind showed up in Asia Regional Qualifiers. Let's see about the others this weekend. I really do want to see how it performs in the new 3.52 meta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro