Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Darklight Timelord: Now that's an interesting card! Some interesting resource pile plays could be made with this one.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Gondorian

What you think new cards can change the game?

Well hell yes they can! Nice! Most of these seem to be game changers as they all effect your hand or your opponents! That's gonna take a while for the players to really maximize how to use them, with what hero and what deck. That's how to keep SE going!

I can't wait to get them and try them out! (Btw thanks for linking this to the preview thread. That's where I found it. Nice SE board of directors. Or BoD. Very nice! )
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Poisoned Well - 1cc Neutral Artifact
    At the start of your turn, take 1 poison damage for each item you control and Poisoned Well is destroyed.
    2: Target player takes control of Poisoned Well and takes 1 poison damage

Question?

Am I reading this wrong or does it sound strange?

At the start of your turn take 1 poison damage. (Great so I cast this and next turn I take 1 poison damage.)
    for each item you control (even better I'll cast it when I've got 3 items out)
    and poison well is destroyed. Ok that's over.

2cc target player takes control of Poison Well and takes 1 poison damage ( Great if this thing survives maybe my opponent will wanna take it off my hands and take a point of damage as well)

I mean , I get the intention, but the wording makes it seem like I'm using it against myself.
    A1 kip thorp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Poisoned Well - 1cc Neutral Artifact
    At the start of your turn, take 1 poison damage for each item you control and Poisoned Well is destroyed.
    2: Target player takes control of Poisoned Well and takes 1 poison damage

Question?

Am I reading this wrong or does it sound strange?

At the start of your turn take 1 poison damage. (Great so I cast this and next turn I take 1 poison damage.)
    for each item you control (even better I'll cast it when I've got 3 items out)
    and poison well is destroyed. Ok that's over.

2cc target player takes control of Poison Well and takes 1 poison damage ( Great if this thing survives maybe my opponent will wanna take it off my hands and take a point of damage as well)

I mean , I get the intention, but the wording makes it seem like I'm using it against myself.
    That's because you're supposed to play it when you have 3 resources to give it to the opposing player, thus it is destroyed on their turn. If you don't do this (or remove it by some other means, say Spitfire Hound), you're taking damage for no reason since it will destroy itself at the start of your turn. It basically prevents you from keeping it around, but more importantly, your opponent from keeping it around.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes sence, but would your description fit on the card, makes more sence than how it's written.

At least to my dumb ass.

I think if it were a spell it would be better, like the first ever spell card that hung out for turn or two. Until it isn't passed around like a hot potato

It would be funny if it were destroyed only at the end of the controllers turn, then he would have a chance to spend 2cc and throw it back on the other guy!

Tennis for SE,
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 11-12-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    A1 kip thorp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Campaign Cards coming in v3.52

nvr
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes sence, but would your description fit on the card, makes more sence than how it's written.

At least to my dumb ass.

I think if it were a spell it would be better, like the first ever spell card that hung out for turn or two. Until it isn't passed around like a hot potato

It would be funny if it were destroyed only at the end of the controllers turn, then he would have a chance to spend 2cc and throw it back on the other guy!

Tennis for SE,
    Haha reminded me of that old ping pong game

Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

At least to my dumb ass.

Tennis for SE,
    There were a couple of cards designed like that waaaay back that could never justify their room in a set and I think they would be cool, but the point of this variant of Poisoned Well is that opponent can do absolutely nothing but wait for their turn and take that damage, in the same way that BF or empty deck might kill them on their turn.

It did originally just go under their control when summoned but then I thought play to your side first opened up some combos like Ravagers blowing it up if desperate for an item to do that on. Also 1cc would be too cheap for the whole cost and splitting it can make resource renewal cards like Jeweler's Dream more useful too.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Higher Ground - 2cc Neutral Support Ability - Duration 3.
    Friendly allies with defender have +1 attack. 2: Target opposing ally attacks target friendly ally if able.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Higher Ground: "It's over Anakin! I have the high(er) ground!" lol. So basically a sort of roundabout way to potentially give your ally two attacks, and of course if your guy is a defender he hits first with this effect. Seems interesting.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator