Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ally effects upon kill

It's a pretty well-known rule that an ally's ability is no longer in effect once the card leaves the board. I can't remember if it was a Sword Thief or Layarian Seductress, but I noticed earlier today that once that ally was killed, the ally's passive remained in effect. Seeing as how this principle clearly applies to Braxnorian Soldier - Play Viska, kill Braxnorian and Viska becomes readied - I was really expecting the same rule to apply to these weenies. Am I wrong or have I simply lost my mind?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The conditions that are officially listed as 'negative effects' persist for their given duration even if the source leaves play.

Thus, if an ally poisons, disables, freezes, etc., and then dies, the given effect will last however long it was declared to last or will persist indefinitely if no duration is specified.

Hope that helps.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Full list of negative effects:

Disabled
    Frozen
    Can't attack
    Can't defend
    Poisoned
    Ablaze

These have special status in the game and are different from passive abilities including passive abilities with keywords (steadfast, haste, meek...). Second group usually causes confusion because both negative effects and keyword passives are marked with bold letters, but they are completely different groups. Difference is, as a player said, negative effects have special status in the game and their effects persist even when their source leaves play, unlike passive abilities.

Word being bold in SE simply means it is complex effect and instead of writing it in its entirety on every card to preserve space they are given keyword. If there is room on card, definition of the keyword is given in brackets for clarity. Effects presented with bold keyword do not need to belong to same group of effects.
    Last edited by Veles; 11-02-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla