Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying that NPE decks should exist because some people enjoy playing them?
    Then what about the other person having to suffer the negative experience on the other side?

Or are you saying that they should exist because they are not competitive?
    In that case I don't see how this reduces the NPE either. Are you assuming they won't be as popular, and therefore not such an issue in that case? That's a thin line to walk on, and you can't be sure that a new broken stall deck will not kill the meta for a few weeks.
    Thanks again. Well spoken.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Well, there's two camps, with some overlap.

There's the players who like that style regardless of how much it wins. I think you are mostly referring to them above.

Then there are players who will use this style if they think it is their best way of winning. It sounds like maybe this style is getting more competitive than we'd like, but I'd need to pull some detailed stats to track that. The World Championships is another good time to see how viable the "stall" style is.
    You dont seem to understand the negative impact those decks have in some of us in game experience.

I dont care how weak or strong is this style. It ruins my day and make me regret playing. I want to have fun and stting there doing nothing and wait to draw my tech guess what....IS NOT FUN!

Im not gonna wait for you to deside if stall is a problem if its in wc and strong and stuff. Im done playing till the issue is resolved.

Its being voiced by many players over the history of the game that this style is making people feel bad for playing and yet you still want to see proof and stats and stuff.

I wish you the best and good luck
    Member of A1 family

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Ideas to limit stall

Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying that NPE decks should exist because some people enjoy playing them?
    Then what about the other person having to suffer the negative experience on the other side?

Or are you saying that they should exist because they are not competitive?
    In that case I don't see how this reduces the NPE either. Are you assuming they won't be as popular, and therefore not such an issue in that case? That's a thin line to walk on, and you can't be sure that a new broken stall deck will not kill the meta for a few weeks.
    There was a lot of talk about NPE back in 2012 on here and my position on it has never changed: we should try to limit the worst and most clear-cut stuff for the good of the game.

I say "worst" and "clear-cut" because NPE is subjective. For me, the absolute worst and most clear-cut would be removing opponent's ability to do anything on their turn for multiple turns in a row. The feeling of the entire thing being futile while still being able to do some things is one step down from that (and we should care about it).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There was a lot of talk about NPE back in 2012 on here and my position on it has never changed: we should try to limit the worst and most clear-cut stuff for the good of the game.

I say "worst" and "clear-cut" because NPE is subjective. For me, the absolute worst and most clear-cut would be removing opponent's ability to do anything on their turn for multiple turns in a row. The feeling of the entire thing being futile while still being able to do some things is one step down from that (and we should care about it).

Thats a new to me! All i hear from you since youre head of board is that stall is weak, rare and can be teched!
    you never spoke of npe and problem of interactivity.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The fact of the matter is that the game was designed to allow stall decks to flourish.
    Look at items like Armor of Ages and Crescendo.
    Look at all the inexpensive items for fast buffs and attacks.
    Look at how few ways for cost effectiveness there are to destroy them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And what really made the stall game flourish is how out of control draw has become for every hero.
    There used to be a limited way to draw and now some heroes get 4 cards a turn it feels like.

In the beginning stall barely did anything cause they were never sure if they would get a card or not, but when they can cycle through cards like crazy now it has become easy to play stall.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here if you wanna fix a lot of the stall, its very easy. Change who can use what cards to make more sense.

Example Voice of Winter, why do priests get to use this card? Def is a mage only weapon.
    Change chalice to discard a card for priests.
    Armor of Ages Warrior Only.
    Crescendo Priests only.
    Many more.
    Very easy to fix a lot of the stall game. The design team just doesn't want to make the game better for us.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Look at all the inexpensive items for fast buffs and attacks.
    Please can you elaborate.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Very easy to fix a lot of the stall game. The design team just doesn't want to make the game better for us.
    The design team wants to make the game better for everyone, which is why it's not that simple.

Anyways, I'm really just posting here to respond to that and say to watch the multiple posts in a row please. If no one has responded to you yet, please edit your post instead of posting again. It condenses things and makes the topic easier to follow and lowers the amount of pages the thread contains. Thanks in advance!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please can you elaborate.
    Ok I did over state that, off the top of my head I cant think of many just a couple.

Shards of Power + Eternal Renewal + Soul Reaper
    Chalice
    Assasination - The ally isnt even required to be a rouge card.