Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have actually 100% accepted the rating system as it stands. It works much better than I ever anticipated and I was dead wrong there.

I still feel that there needs to be a decay for at least the top 50 in score. 1 game every 1 or 2 days is my proposal. 1 is prefered. That really should not be too much to ask from players who found time to play 50+ games to get their score anyways. Especially since this tends to be done within the first 7-14 days of the season a majority of the time.

Score determines prizes so I feel this is fair.

As I said, I’m just in it for the new people so they know there is more opportunity to break into top scores and gain prizes. Which means more incentive to play for newcomers. Which could mean more money invested into game since they know that their opportunity to advance themselves in the rankings is realistic.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    I still feel that there needs to be a decay for at least the top 50 in score. 1 game every 1 or 2 days is my proposal. 1 is prefered. That really should not be too much to ask from players who found time to play 50+ games to get their score anyways. Especially since this tends to be done within the first 7-14 days of the season a majority of the time.
    Not going to happen. Gondorian stated when he released the system that the aim of Score being the ultimate indicator of skill and performance during the month (what it is so far), not a participation award. 1 day decay is a system tailored to punish people who cant be active every single day, and frankly I dont see any benefit to it outside of that.

Ladder camping also doesnt offer any benefit unlike it did in the past if you make some effort to observe the ladder. Akatjein tried to camp in the WC qualifying month at #1 spot for example, what made him nearly lose his spot to qualify since active players were improving their score constantly and overtook him in the end. You gain no benefit from camping at all (your score stays the same anyway) and have no chance to improve it further. I dont see any problem with it tbh.

If new players want rewards and high placing they have to work for them (its not too hard breaking into the top 100 if you really try to lets be real) like everyone else. Should they have a chance to get to the top 10 without being able to play at the same level as the top 10? Absolutely not, that would make the entire system a joke. Gondorian already introduced foil card awards for each 20 wins, thats more then enough to reward activity if you ask me.

As I said, I’m just in it for the new people so they know there is more opportunity to break into top scores and gain prizes. Which means more incentive to play for newcomers.
    Then tackle the issue at its core. Introduce quests, and other incentives for new players to play. Dont rig the system to artifically boost them despite not deserving to be where they are. That isnt interresting for new players and not for old players either.

Which could mean more money invested into game since they know that their opportunity to advance themselves in the rankings is realistic.
    It is realistic right now. In fact many new players did just that. They practiced, put efford in and placed well and in the end. I dont know about you but if I join a new game the last thing that decides if I spend money for it or not is the highscore table. The ones caring about the highscore table usually see it as a challenge to do so in the first place and prove they are a good player.

So yeah I like your intentions but you are targeting the wrong thing in my opinion. If you want the game to be newbie friendly then lets work on newbie friendly content to make them interrested instead of ruining well working system for a vast majority of players.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberFade View Post
    Not going to happen. Gondorian stated when he released the system that the aim of Score being the ultimate indicator of skill and performance during the month (what it is so far), not a participation award. 1 day decay is a system tailored to punish people who cant be active every single day, and frankly I dont see any benefit to it outside of that.
    What we have in place at the moment is not a sole identifier of skill. Name me one player that says QM is the identifier of skill.

What it is, is an indicator of skill and luck for good matchups. If you play 50- 75 games and get a number of good matchups going, you are set at the top. Also, a 1 day decay system should not be an issue. Most people who are camping at the top have found time to put in over 50 games in the first 7-10 days of the season. You want to tell me that they can not find time for 1 game a day from that point forward? No way I buy that. We want to reward performance AND participation. Participation here does not guarantee anything because you still have to win in order to climb.

Ladder camping also doesnt offer any benefit unlike it did in the past if you make some effort to observe the ladder. Akatjein tried to camp in the WC qualifying month at #1 spot for example, what made him nearly lose his spot to qualify since active players were improving their score constantly and overtook him in the end. You gain no benefit from camping at all (your score stays the same anyway) and have no chance to improve it further. I dont see any problem with it tbh.
    Offers little benefit? to who? you? me? players who do not need crystals or cards? Make an effort to observe the ladder? Seriously? Using Aka season as a reference is a poor choice because there was so much at stake that many were pushing far more than any other season. There just has not been the same push any other season. So, you should observe the ladder other than that one example which is an outlier, not the norm.

I am not sure what you mean by "no benefit" to camp your score. You get to keep your position? Is that not one hell of a benefit? If you are sitting at top 10, likely you can camp and end not worse than top 10-20. That seems like a pretty large benefit to me. Sure your rating does not get higher by camping, but not getting reduced is just as noteworthy. Especially, since you have to work so much harder to catch and pass those camping on score.

If new players want rewards and high placing they have to work for them (its not too hard breaking into the top 100 if you really try to lets be real) like everyone else. Should they have a chance to get to the top 10 without being able to play at the same level as the top 10? Absolutely not, that would make the entire system a joke. Gondorian already introduced foil card awards for each 20 wins, thats more then enough to reward activity if you ask me.
    You do realize that you have to win matches to climb the ladder? Right? You do not get to top 10 just because some people in the top had decay. You still have to win at a high percentage rate and at a high rating. So, making it sound like it is so easy to reach top ten if decay is in place is ridiculous.

A score decay system will not make anything a joke. Having players being able to sit at the top and not worry about losing anything is not a great look. Like I said before, if you found time to play 50+ games in less than 10 days, I find it hard to accept that you can not find 15 minutes a day to play one game.

Keep the ladder active. Camping on score, the main way to earn rewards in competitive play, is not great look. I know that players earned their top positions. I just want them to play to keep them. Is that really so much to ask? I did not think asking for players to play one game a day would be such a bid deal. Especially since by the end of the month, you would not even play half the games you did to reach your score.

Then tackle the issue at its core. Introduce quests, and other incentives for new players to play. Dont rig the system to artifically boost them despite not deserving to be where they are. That isnt interresting for new players and not for old players either.
    As mentioned above, inflating is just not accurate. The other players still have to win at a high rate and rating. I do not see how you can feel 1 game a day is rigging anything. If you can not play and others can, those that are active should have more opportunity. I mean, they are the active player.

I will tell you what is not interesting for new players. Looking at the top and seeing people with 70ish games not budging but 1 or two positions. Old players? Just do what you did to get up there in the first place. I am less worried about hurting long time players feelings like myself.

Look at current top ten. Those who are camping have maybe 100 games or less played. Those who have pushed their way through have 200 - 400 games played to break into the top. 11-20, 8/10 players have at least over 150 games played. In fact, a vast majority of those in the top 50 are well known top players in this game. So, it is not like there are a bunch of new guys waiting in the wings to take over the top spots from strong veteran players. They are all players who have been working to improve. If you are not working to improve or maintain your score, it should decrease.

Your score is the reward for PLAYING. Makes sense that you should be penalized for not continuing what you did to gain your score.

It is realistic right now. In fact many new players did just that. They practiced, put efford in and placed well and in the end. I dont know about you but if I join a new game the last thing that decides if I spend money for it or not is the highscore table. The ones caring about the highscore table usually see it as a challenge to do so in the first place and prove they are a good player.

So yeah I like your intentions but you are targeting the wrong thing in my opinion. If you want the game to be newbie friendly then lets work on newbie friendly content to make them interrested instead of ruining well working system for a vast majority of players.
    I am not even asking for game to be new player friendly. I am only asking that those who claim the top score still need to put forth some effort in order to maintain their position. Especially since those that want to catch them have to work much harder to pass them since top players score will not decrease regardless of whether they play or not.

I see the system overall as successful. Just not the untouchable score. That I see as an absolute eye sore. The only people it works for are those that are able to claim top score and sit on it. That is hardly the "vast majority" and not entirely based on "skill" since we all know how QM is not ever a true identifier of that.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-23-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would like to have some extra prizes for below top 100 guys because mew system totally useless for them Even if they play 24x7 whole month with rating less then 275. 2nd We need A decay on score because if i complete 50 on day 1 and luckily got good score like 36k or above thei even dont need to play again i will just play unrated because I know i am not going to drop below top 10 or 20 this is what we need to fix probably like 3k or 4k score drop With 2 or 3 days of inactivity thnks
    Proud Member Of The Blue Phoenix

IGN -: BP Itachi Uchiha
    Telegram -: @itachiuchiiha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about coefficient for number of wins. It may be some hiperbola coefficient. Let me explain. If you have 50 wins your score is multiplied on coef 1, 100 - 1.1, 150 - 1.15, 200 - 1.18. The more you play the less important coefficient is but still it is relevant. Someone who play huge amount of games but with low rating still can't compete with higher rating player but between high rating players there would be very good reason to play more games.
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    How about coefficient for number of wins. It may be some hiperbola coefficient. Let me explain. If you have 50 wins your score is multiplied on coef 1, 100 - 1.1, 150 - 1.15, 200 - 1.18. The more you play the less important coefficient is but still it is relevant. Someone who play huge amount of games but with low rating still can't compete with higher rating player but between high rating players there would be very good reason to play more games.

First of all, I needed to read this like 3-4 times to grasp it... still do not

Anyhow, I would not like a person to NOT be penalized by playing a large amount of games. As it stands, you can play a ton of games and not get anywhere. You still have to win a high percentage of your games to climb. Some were able to do it with 70 games. Some with 400+.

The point is that if you were good and lucky enough to claim a top spot with 50-75 games, you have nothing to worry about. Having that kind of comfort for your performance is not something that I feel should be allowed.

Rating takes decay but who cares? You do not get prizes based on rating. You get prizes based on Score.

Any top player who loses some score for inactivity and drops in the ladder should be able to get it back. At least I think so.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 12-24-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keep the current score system and reset rating to a default at the start of each season. Without the rating reset at the start of the season it'll always be tilted towards those who start the seasons with higher rating. Player A starts at 200, player B at 300, they both defeat player C who is 250. Player A will get 500 points and player B will get 750 for the same victory, a clear benefit from starting the new season at a higher rating and allow them to outscore players who carried a higher overall win % (Assuming the formula rating×opponent rating÷100 is still being used).

Cerddorion
    what if, instead of requiring people to play a certain amount of games a day, what if we weighted the rewards for the first say, 5 games or so, played a day?