Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That is bad manners imo, they should have private chat for that kind of thing.

The in game chat is outdated. Now there is a separate window where global chat is that can also be used for friend list and you should be able to do private chat with people on friends list only. For non friends there is still in game mail system.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    there is a separate window where global chat is that can also be used for friend list and you should be able to do private chat with people on friends list only
    I like this idea. This space would also nicely fit a 'guild' and 'tournament' chat. Possibly even an 'off-topic' for our friendly chatters in global. Would be nice to no longer need Telegram...
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    I recently had a match with a member of a guild, a guild mate joined the match and gave him help. I said and think that it is bad form to help during a match. They then claimed "that is what guilds are for". I reminded them that this is a 1v1 game.

What does the community think about this?
    Assuming this was a rated match (and not a tournament match) then the actual act of helping doesn't seem like an issue to me personally. Doing it using the publicly available chat does seem a bit rude to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerddorion View Post
    This happens more often than you'd think and it's how some people harrass others
    If you experience this or see it happening. Then please let a chat mod know or report them via support@shadowera.com. While chat mods can't look over what was said during a match, if it is happening live we can see them doing it and suspend their chat for harassment (global chat history can be read though). If no mod is available, then report via support. You can also message me @demnchi on telegram, in-game: A1 Demnchi, or PM me here on the forums to bring it to my attention.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 10-23-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I could understand if this happens during a tournament match, thats annoying and rude, but in a random rated against a random opponent...
    You can always turn off the chat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's great that guildmates help one another, but not during a game (especially in game chat). It should've taken place after the game imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would never join in and give advice during a match. If you have comments to give, you should do it after the match. However, I understand the intention of the guild member to help their mate.

I agree that it is bad form. However, technically, I suppose it is not against any rules.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I doubt that a guild mate can suggest something useful if not seeing cards in hand. And generic phrases like "mc him" or "tw him" are rather funny.

Inviato dal mio ONE A2003 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is a really bad form. agree with you plus what an excuse and vexmaw is right now every guild have their personal chat groups

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer, "TIDAL WAVE" when neither are Priests

=D