Close

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member code cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Lightbulb Jacob, The Righteous (new card concept)

    Hello everyone! Lately, I have noted a lot of people in telegram that play SE have made a card after themselves. So, I joined in! Here is me as a SE card:

    Jacob, The Righteous.jpg

    What do you think? Could be a real card imo.
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

    Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  2. #2
    DP Visionary Demnchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA (GMT -4)
    Posts
    5,858
    Tournaments Joined
    8
    Tournaments Won
    1
    I like it! Seems like a nice big ally for trying to end the game with. Proper wording could be "All non-combat damage dealt to Jacob, The Righteous is reduced to 0." This would include kill effects which actually deal damage in Shadow Era.

    As for making cards named after themselves, I'm still trying to get the Tri-Ton Hammer to be a thing.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

    A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

    Was Shadow Era Community Manager

    Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

  3. #3
    Member code cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I like it! Seems like a nice big ally for trying to end the game with. Proper wording could be "All non-combat damage dealt to Jacob, The Righteous is reduced to 0." This would include kill effects which actually deal damage in Shadow Era.

    As for making cards named after themselves, I'm still trying to get the Tri-Ton Hammer to be a thing.
    Ah, yes, your wording makes better sense! What's Tri-Ton hammer, bty?
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

    Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  4. #4
    DP Visionary Demnchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA (GMT -4)
    Posts
    5,858
    Tournaments Joined
    8
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by code cube View Post
    Ah, yes, your wording makes better sense! What's Tri-Ton hammer, bty?
    My real name is Triton, so for a long time the Tri-ton Hammer has been an inside joke. Tri-ton is my name with a "-" in it, and means "3 tons." So it basically would be a very heavy hammer.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

    A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

    Was Shadow Era Community Manager

    Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

  5. #5
    Member code cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    My real name is Triton, so for a long time the Tri-ton Hammer has been an inside joke. Tri-ton is my name with a "-" in it, and means "3 tons." So it basically would be a very heavy hammer.
    Sounds like it'd make a cool card!
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

    Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  6. #6
    Member code cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I like it! Seems like a nice big ally for trying to end the game with. Proper wording could be "All non-combat damage dealt to Jacob, The Righteous is reduced to 0." This would include kill effects which actually deal damage in Shadow Era.

    As for making cards named after themselves, I'm still trying to get the Tri-Ton Hammer to be a thing.
    I did want this card to be unaffeted by dragon tooth. So I don't know if that wording would cover that.
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

    Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  7. #7
    DP Visionary Demnchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA (GMT -4)
    Posts
    5,858
    Tournaments Joined
    8
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by code cube View Post
    I did want this card to be unaffeted by dragon tooth. So I don't know if that wording would cover that.
    "Kill" in Shadow Era means dealing enough damage to bring an ally's health to 0. Thus, if they are immune to damage at the time, they cannot be killed by any "kill" effects. Since Dragon's Tooth activates upon attack, they are considered in combat and Jacob shouldn't take any damage while in combat.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

    A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

    Was Shadow Era Community Manager

    Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

  8. #8
    Member code cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    "Kill" in Shadow Era means dealing enough damage to bring an ally's health to 0. Thus, if they are immune to damage at the time, they cannot be killed by any "kill" effects. Since Dragon's Tooth activates upon attack, they are considered in combat and Jacob shouldn't take any damage while in combat.
    Ah, I see, cool!
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

    Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •