Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Daily chest algorithm

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the algorithm that controls the daily chest. Does base its card on any factors? Like the time of day? Do any factors play into its rarity, or if it's foil, etc?
    code cube
    Master of the Ythan Redthorn deck
    "Do not underestimate the determination of a quite man"

Unshakable Champion of Strategy
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by code cube View Post
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the algorithm that controls the daily chest. Does base its card on any factors? Like the time of day? Do any factors play into its rarity, or if it's foil, etc?
    I think it simply pick a random card from all cards pool plus some low probably of picking foiled version, and it not depends on any factor except randomness... But I may be wrong, Gondo knows for sure
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    I think it simply pick a random card from all cards pool plus some low probably of picking foiled version, and it not depends on any factor except randomness... But I may be wrong, Gondo knows for sure
    Cool, thanks for the input!
    code cube

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Although to be fair, most randomizing has some factors. Like in C# using the class "random" seeds the random number using the system clock.
    code cube

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Although to be fair, most randomizing has some factors. Like in C# using the class "random" seeds the random number using the system clock.
    Yeah, but it's fair random, I mean in the morning it is same randomness as in the evening even if it is seeded by clock, no way to take any advantage of this...

Inviato dal mio ONE A2003 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Dragon Council
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, but it's fair random, I mean in the morning it is same randomness as in the evening even if it is seeded by clock, no way to take any advantage of this...

But think about it. If it *was* base on a clock of sorts, then you might have a higher chance of a rare card or whatnot if the computer uses that clock to set the chance. Super simple example: If rare card chance = time.now.hour * 0.01 | if the hour is 1 the chance is 0.01. | If the hour is 12 chance is 0.12
    code cube

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But think about it. If it *was* base on a clock of sorts, then you might have a higher chance of a rare card or whatnot if the computer uses that clock to set the chance. Super simple example: If rare card chance = time.now.hour * 0.01 | if the hour is 1 the chance is 0.01. | If the hour is 12 chance is 0.12
    The algorithm is far more complex, and it uses timestamp as a seed, something like 174728824748 big number, not a simple hour.

Dragon Council
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The algorithm is far more complex, and it uses timestamp as a seed, something like 174728824748 big number, not a simple hour.

Yeah, I know. The whole point of that post was to give an example. But if there any factors that can be reliably measured, like time, there is a chance at finding a trick to getting rare cards a little more often.
    code cube

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I just had a really fun conversation with a bunch of people about this. As an IT major I think I may have some valuable insights. So, there are some applications shadow era could get to improve its algorithms for randomness, assuming they have not already done so. There are a few truly random algorithms but they require a bit more than your standard coding methods. There are various inputs (the one I found was atmospheric noise) that can generate a truly random value, then you take the value and make some small changes in the value to act as a sort of minor form of encryption so that it no one can mess with and boom you have a truly random system. The problem with this is the lengths one would have to go through in order to obtain these values, they would most likely take up a lot of space and be very tedious to integrate.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAce View Post
    I just had a really fun conversation with a bunch of people about this. As an IT major I think I may have some valuable insights. So, there are some applications shadow era could get to improve its algorithms for randomness, assuming they have not already done so. There are a few truly random algorithms but they require a bit more than your standard coding methods. There are various inputs (the one I found was atmospheric noise) that can generate a truly random value, then you take the value and make some small changes in the value to act as a sort of minor form of encryption so that it no one can mess with and boom you have a truly random system. The problem with this is the lengths one would have to go through in order to obtain these values, they would most likely take up a lot of space and be very tedious to integrate.
    All very good points! I am aware that programmers have a hard time with random algorithms (I'm a programmer myself), but anyway, I'm trying to uncover what non-random factors play into the chest.
    code cube

Greatness, Reborn