Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: v3.510

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Buqs:

I totaly agree that these bundles are not so relevant for older players, but the thing is that they are reducing the value of SC, by starting to remove it as the main currency of the game.. Also, how will you feel when the new set comes out and the bundle is again only available for real money? Sure, you can buy the boosters (at higher price) for SC as well, but that basicly means that older invested money is worth less then newly invested money... Which imho is basicly the board of directors saying: We don't care about our old customers having invested a lot of money already, we want new money. And, sure, from a financial point of view I can understand it, but I think that moraly speaking it's a bad move and I fear it might in the long term cost more then it will earn them.

Just a simple example, couple of days ago I was thinking of buying some SC again, since I spend my last ones a while back, thought I could buy a lot right away, since it's THE currency of the game and with newer sets I would always be able to buy stuff with those SC. Now I don't feel like that's a good idea anymore, because if a new set comes out buying a bundle could be beter, and those are not buyable with SC..
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Selling the bundles for money rather than SC makes a big difference for new players. Having to compare the SC cost to dollars, buy enough SC, and then buy the bundle is a different experience from a sigle click for a great deal. That’s basic marketing.

Plus new players don’t know the value of SC, so it makes it harder to have make an ad banner that will grab them. “Only 500 SC” conveys nothing.

I am basically a new player in the same boat (I just had to look up how much SC you get for 4.99, I had no idea), and I bought a couple bundles precisely because it seemed so simple. I knew I didn’t have to look up the conversion rate of SC and compare all the different options of things to buy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey! I just saw some new material while waiting for a game. Scheuth's foremost comedian? I have been checking for a couple of days, but this was the first time I actually saw something new and unusual.

Update: So far I've seen Bazaar dude, Outlaw Captain, Troll, and that undead fellow. He's unnatural!
    Last edited by a player; 10-21-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    So getting matches lately has been taking longer than I've ever seen(feels like waiting for meltdown), and the matches are versus the same few builds, meta is insanely stale. Better get stuff moving soon, starting to feel like people are giving up on the game.

Dropping some new cards right before WC would shake things up.
    3.51 came out yesterday. Did you update? I know some haven't and so things will be split until everyone moves.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Using the new on-demand sleeve code added in 3.51, we've been able to add 5 new sleeves today, which are for sale in the Merchant for Shadow Crystals: Nathanias, Layarian Seductress, Death Collector, Legend Rises and Legend Falls.