Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: v3.510

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

v3.510

if the class bundles cost real money i don’t see the point in limiting its appearance to new players which is also only available to purchase only once. let it always be an available option until purchased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Buqs; 10-19-2017 at 01:30 AM.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    Or maybe Gondorian&the team has realized that on account SCs are worth ~ nothing, because they want revenue too (which is kinda sad).
    It's sad that we want revenue to be able to pay for art for new cards? While our ShadowToken operating pool can be used to pay for design and development work, artists want paying in dollars, so we need that to be flowing in to keep the artwork coming so we can release Lost Lands Part 2. We've already commissioned 28 great pieces in the last two months and really hope to continue using the same great artists.

I totally disagree that SC is worth nothing. Everything in the bundles can be bought with SC apart from specific foils and the random sleeves in the booster boxes. Which part of the bundles would you really like to get with SC? What other products would you be interested in getting for SC?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    .....What other products would you be interested in getting for SC?
    How about a mini set of cards (similar to campaign 20 cards) that can only be purchased with SC or some other currency? The "New Currency" could be obtained in a variety of ways such as daily quests, through campaign, raids, etc. The New Currency could also be purchased via SC to speed up the progress of obtaining the complete mini set.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What other products would you be interested in getting for SC?
    I was thinking something similar to the way Kyle used to release monthly special sleeves and mats. I know he charged cash, so maybe something less significant. Something to soak up the remaining SC in accounts from the easy/free days and get people buying SC again.

Anything special/limited time to purge all the SC and get people buying again.

Don't get me wrong, the bundles are awesome (thanks!) and will generate revenue. But if SC can get moving again and become a premium currency as it should be...
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fantastic update. I just came back to this game after 6 years, and I am very happy with the state of the game, including this update.

The improved AI makes a world of difference in the campaign. The campaign in general is far beyond what it was when I last played.

The bundles are very helpful to me too to catch up in my collection.

The upcoming art looks great.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's sad that we want revenue to be able to pay for art for new cards? While our ShadowToken operating pool can be used to pay for design and development work, artists want paying in dollars, so we need that to be flowing in to keep the artwork coming so we can release Lost Lands Part 2. We've already commissioned 28 great pieces in the last two months and really hope to continue using the same great artists.

I totally disagree that SC is worth nothing. Everything in the bundles can be bought with SC apart from specific foils and the random sleeves in the booster boxes. Which part of the bundles would you really like to get with SC? What other products would you be interested in getting for SC?
    I'm along with others that there definitely is a positive direction with the update. But when having masses of sc, you just need something new - whether it would be a bulk discount on boosters or playmats (though I'm not a fan of), anything "new" would be great.

Otherwise I know I would hang on to my sc waiting forever what to buy, meaning that surely I wouldn't need to spend anything ever anymore on this game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's good to get LL2 rolling, and the new set can be available in booster and can only be purchased with sc at the beginning until ppl sell them in the merchant and available in gc

btw thanks for the update and love the new artwork, keep them coming

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say that I'm disapointed to see that the bundles are only available for money. Imho this is a big slap in the face on people that have invested serious money into the game buying Shadow Crystals in the past (and still have a lot of them laying arround).

That doesn't mean I don't understand the decission, but it feels wrong and unfair... There is a payed currency in the game (Shadow Crystals) and that should be the currency used the pay for this kind of stuff.

I have noticed a patern where many rewards that used to give SC are being changed for other rewards (campain rewards, ranked rewards), in order to try and push more people into actualy buying the SC instead of earning them, and this is also something I'm fine with (think it's even a good step, making the distinction between gold as earned currency and SC as bought currency).. But then at the same time introducing stuff that can only be bought with money seems unfair to me.

I understand, you guys need money, the game is dried out, the users are mostly old players who have way too much of all in game currency already and it's hard to 'milk' more money out of them, designers need to be payed and people are not yet lining up to buy the Shadow Tokens either, but please be carefull in how you do this, because the worst that could happen for SE is loyal customer starting to feel cheated by stuff like this and leave the game as well.

You say that the bundles are focused on new players, but then why not make them buyable in SC, since new players don't have that yet anyway, so (especialy with the reduced amount of free SC available) they will have to invest real money anyway? The only reason I see to make the bundles real money only is the hope of having older players buy them with real money over spending their previous bought (or earned) SC.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So getting matches lately has been taking longer than I've ever seen(feels like waiting for meltdown), and the matches are versus the same few builds, meta is insanely stale. Better get stuff moving soon, starting to feel like people are giving up on the game.

Dropping some new cards right before WC would shake things up.
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 10-20-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most older players already have all the cards already so the bundles costing real money doesn't really concern them. The sleeves in the Class bundles are not even exclusive so again doesn't bother the older player. You get some specific foils but again probably not concerning to older players. I have no issues with these bundles costing real money.

The Booster bundles do have exclusive sleeves, however they will eventually be released for SC purchase. This doesn't really concern me though as I have every sleeve currently available and I mostly only use like 3-4 different ones. I will wait and get these in 3+ months when they are released (and probably replaced with new ones)

These bundles will be extremely useful as the game grows with large card counts to helps new/returning players get up to speed with their collections.
    EveryThing Changes