Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yari Marksmen has no cancel button

Yari Marksmen has no cancel button after being activated to place ally back into hand like other cards do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think any ally is supposed to have a cancel button, once you've summoned it. Are you saying you cannot select a Marksman in your hand without being forced to play it? You're supposed to be able to read any card you've selected, and then either summon that one or select another, so that would be a bug.

If you're saying you cannot back out after summoning the Marksman, that's how it is supposed to work. It's the same as for Death Mage Thaddeus, etc.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    I don't think any ally is supposed to have a cancel button, once you've summoned it. Are you saying you cannot select a Marksman in your hand without being forced to play it? You're supposed to be able to read any card you've selected, and then either summon that one or select another, so that would be a bug.

If you're saying you cannot back out after summoning the Marksman, that's how it is supposed to work. It's the same as for Death Mage Thaddeus, etc.
    The thing is that cards like DMT, construct etc, have a targeted ability that can be mistaped in messy board situations. It would be nice to have a mistap failsafe.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree and I am actually in favor removing the cancel button from abilities too. If a card is summoned is summoned, there shouldn't be a way to undo your play. If we allow every mistake to be undone then people will ask next to cancel and reselect sacrifice choices again and the list will go for ever.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I disagree and I am actually in favor removing the cancel button from abilities too. If a card is summoned is summoned, there shouldn't be a way to undo your play. If we allow every mistake to be undone then people will ask next to cancel and reselect sacrifice choices again and the list will go for ever.
    I can agree with this.
    Its either one or the other.
    Either all have no cancel button or they all do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My only argument is that cancel buttons for mistaps are more new player friendly.
    Using some targeted abilities either some targeted allies requires some getting used to and many mistakes could be done by lack of experience or mistaps.

I quess some of us want the game to be unforgiving to mistaps while i see no reason for it other than the guess that more cancel buttons will be possibly wanted by some players.

I dont wanna agree with that logic. Every improovement to a game that makes it more user friendly its a good thing to my eyes.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That is how it works but it should not be that way. You should have the option to place it back into hand.

Being a touch screen I have had multiple instances where I accidentally summon one of those allies when I didn’t want to. Lol. Also, it’s like Spartan said, maybe you rethought your strategy but just a split second to late. Or, maybe you are eating Doritos while watching a movie and playing thinking that you can multi task and realize you made a mistake... -_-

It would be a nice option to have. If anything, if only hurts the player that cancels the option because now your opponent knows a card you have in hand.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 10-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How far down this slope do you want to go? Should you be able to suicide a Tainted Oracle through a Portal, see what cards it would draw, and then take the move back and play something else? Should the deck re-shuffle, or leave the two cards you already know on the top?

I suppose I could see the rationale for having a Noob Mode vs the AI where they could take back mistakes while learning. Once you know the ropes, you're supposed to know when and how to pay attention, or you accept the consequences of not doing so....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You seem to forget that this is not rl chess. Its a mobile game that is played in small touchscreens sometimes. Mistaps are a reality in mobile devices.

As for the "Noob mode"....You seem to forget that this game has for the time being a small player base. Guess who is gonna help it grow?

Yes you got it....new inexperienced players or by your word "noobs". Maybe a litle more respect for your fellow inexperienced players wouldnt hurt.
    Member of A1 family

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The ally needs to have been summoned to have its effect ... and its presence on the board can alter other things (e.g. the Champion of Irum having +1/+1) or maybe the card wants to target itself with its ability, so there's no way back after casting the ally.

I think it's OK to have this as part of the learning curve for players.