Close

Thread: Deckbuilding

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Deckbuilding

I recently started playing the game. I've just been doing the campaign so far, and some meltdowns when campaign gets too boring. I think I'm starting to get enough cards that I could build a deck and have a chance at pvp.

What are some tips and things to keep in mind while building a viable deck? I've seen some posts in the Newcomers area, but they are over a year old, I'm assuming quite a lot has changed.

Is there something that all decks seem to do nowadays, that makes certain strats not work anymore?

What is Quick Play? Is that Rated? Or Custom? Or something else?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what kind of playstyle do you prefer? what heroes are you favourite?
    im stuck with mobile atm but i will respond with some build suggestions as soon as i get to my pc

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynikos View Post
    I recently started playing the game. I've just been doing the campaign so far, and some meltdowns when campaign gets too boring. I think I'm starting to get enough cards that I could build a deck and have a chance at pvp.

What are some tips and things to keep in mind while building a viable deck? I've seen some posts in the Newcomers area, but they are over a year old, I'm assuming quite a lot has changed.

Is there something that all decks seem to do nowadays, that makes certain strats not work anymore?

What is Quick Play? Is that Rated? Or Custom? Or something else?
    Deckbuilding principles dont change much if at all. If you like to build your own deck for quick play (yes that is rated) a basic rule is to have 7 to 8 draw cards in a 39 or 40 cards plus hero deck.

Then you need to think of your perfect start. What to play for each starting turn when you go first and what to play when you start second and make the resource curve of your deck in a way to help godess luck to help you.

Its a very difficult thing for most of us to build a good deck and deckbuilding skill gets better with experience. It also requires to test your deck and tweak the cards in it to best serve you in a certain meta or change the cards you dont use most of the times with better choices.

Read the guides in here about deckbuilding. Dont consider them outdated. Only the cards change not the principles of deckbuilding.

When i was first starting my pvp games in SE found very helpfull some cheap pvp decks i found on the net. They give you a good base to start. They are not the best decks and they might be outdated, but they will win you many games if the meta is right for them.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Always think about the best first 5 turns play. You need to think about 2 patterns: when you are going first, or second.

You can search my decks by my name and you'll see what I mean.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It really depends on who you are using.

Main Points in this meta is:
    This is a draw game, you have no draw then you have no win.
    Instant kill and stop cards help way more than a ally on the board but there needs to be a balance.
    Build the deck around your hero ability.

I would recommend you watch a couple games of someone using the hero you are looking to use.