Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I really like this suggestion, there are many of us who have a busy life and multi-tasking when you play a game. But even without that, if someone steals a card from your deck or the graveyard it's almost impossible to see what it was and I do agree that sometimes even from your hand is hard to tract as Serena's steals replenish a card most of the time. I think a pause and close up of the stolen card for 1 second will be enough for the player to see and doesn't require interaction during opponent's turn
    I second this. I often do house chores while playing and do not pay attention too much on my opponents turns.

My suggestion of having action log wouldn't slow the gameplay because it would be hidden like chat and you could click on it when you need to see what happened on last turn or during this one. I am also against slowing the game down to highlight stolen cards when this solution isn't invasive on gameplay and and it solves much broader pool of problematic situations.
    Last edited by Veles; 10-09-2017 at 06:47 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like this idea a lot, if players really have a problem with it, than at least make the animation were the card is stolen last, oh I don't know, maybe a whole 2 seconds? The movement with these things seems near instantaneous, I can barely tell the thing moved zones. It seems more like the cards just blink in and out of existence and this kind of ruins the flavor of the whole thing. I understand going to turn 7-9 for aggro decks and 12-15 for control and stall decks takes a while especially in a best 2 of 3 game style, but if you don't have a single extra second to spare, why are you playing an online card game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I love this suggestion. I can see some players have a problem with it though so heres my suggestion if that is the case: why not just make the animation a whole single second longer? When Transference and similar cards are played, the animation of the card switching zones is near instantaneous, I can barely track it with my eyes and it seems more like the cards blink in and out of existence, this obviously ruins the flavor of these types of cards, especially with no fancy graphics to go along with them. I understand time is valuable, but taking that extra second to allow a player to follow what is happening would help game play, not harm it. It is also more new player friendly to do things this way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about a button that lets you rewind the turn? Even better, a button that let's you buy new cards?
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity