Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cerddorion

Can we slow down this one part?

Would it be possible to slow down the instances where one player takes a card from the other? Or those instances where a card moves from one zone of play to another? For instance, if I'm attacked by Serena using Cutlass, and a card is taken from my hand, can there be a pause long enough for me to see what the card is, before it's transferred to the opp's hand? Something simple as a "click to continue" button?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've added to the nice-to-have list.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well for that 1 elemental card forget the name I can see that card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this could be incorporated and expanded in action log that will remember previous turn. Something like HS and Shadowverse have. In this case it would show Serena dealing 4 damage to hero with Cutlass and Cutlass discarding and putting exact card in Serena players hand.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just as an old player, I say....

Hell No

Part of the fun is not knowing what ya lost, but if it's stolen from your hand, you should know. Besides. It's been that way forever. I'd rather have new cards and such,
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It’s taken from your hand thus you should know which one was stolen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    NO No and NO
    If you cant remember what was taken from your hand then that's your fault.
    You can see him play the card so you know whats coming, just look at your hand.
    Nothing should be added to slow down gameplay.

Cerddorion
    it's not a matter of remembering the card. There are times when real life intervenes and you take your eyes from the game. Love the condescending answers, by the way. The cards that are stolen, in the instance of Serena, move too damn fast to see. It's the same for when someone removes something from a graveyard. Part of the fun? As if. It wouldn't slow down game play any more than when someone takes their sweet time during a turn. Plus, this wouldn't take all that much time to implement, so your precious new cards wouldn't be delayed any more than they already are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really like this suggestion, there are many of us who have a busy life and multi-tasking when you play a game. But even without that, if someone steals a card from your deck or the graveyard it's almost impossible to see what it was and I do agree that sometimes even from your hand is hard to tract as Serena's steals replenish a card most of the time. I think a pause and close up of the stolen card for 1 second will be enough for the player to see and doesn't require interaction during opponent's turn
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I think this could be incorporated and expanded in action log that will remember previous turn. Something like HS and Shadowverse have. In this case it would show Serena dealing 4 damage to hero with Cutlass and Cutlass discarding and putting exact card in Serena players hand.
    I like this idea. If you could even get access to it after, it could help you analyse your play to see what you could have done better. Also I think it could be quite helpful for bug finding when it occurs "randomly".