Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StayFrosty75 View Post
    I actually was considering spending some money for variety, so thank you for telling me! When is the next update?

And thanks also for the link to the reset. Put that in the game!

Any answers on how to play others on the beginner level?
    We're aiming to finalise the next update this week to be released next week. It will be 3 booster packs from each set (so 12 packs total) and 2 foils and a sleeve for $5. There's no special deal on new starter decks though so if you wanted to branch out to other decks directly then buying SC would be the way.

For playing other new players, you should normally get paired with someone of similar skill (based on your Rating) but we just reset the matchmaking Ratings to zero (for the last time) yesterday and so there are great players climbing up again from 0 right now. Your experience is one of the reasons we don't wish to reset all to zero in future!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you've just started playing the game it is completely normal to have a hard time playing even low rated opponents but keep at it and you will improve your skills. Not sure what you meant by "super ranked player" but I doubt he was higher than 200.

Deckbuilding interface actually shows you all the cards that are "allowed" for the chosen hero. Not all of them work well together but that's why we have many builds and build variations for each hero.

Veles posted great lists of deck varieties for all classes recently, so check those out and copy one of the builds. No shame in that
    Soon you'll be modifying and building your own stuff but it's really important to get to know the game a bit better and I believe it's best done by copying a solind deck at first.

You asked about differences between starter decks and playstyles that come with them. To put it simply, the biggest difference are the heroes themselves.
    For instance, Amber and Boris are both human warriors and share the same cardpool but one is weapon based and the other isn't. Being weapon based, Amber has fewer viable build options (retreat, homunculus being the best ones) while Boris makes you wish you had 10 slots Starter decks should be heavily modified to make them playable so it really doesnt matter what's in them.

Raikka starter deck is the best one to buy if you are going to sell cards for gold (to buy other cards ofc xD) because the SC to gold conversion ratio is the highest. I think you get cca 28gold for each SC spent, much better than buying a booster.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    We're aiming to finalise the next update this week to be released next week. It will be 3 booster packs from each set (so 12 packs total) and 2 foils and a sleeve for $5. There's no special deal on new starter decks though so if you wanted to branch out to other decks directly then buying SC would be the way.

For playing other new players, you should normally get paired with someone of similar skill (based on your Rating) but we just reset the matchmaking Ratings to zero (for the last time) yesterday and so there are great players climbing up again from 0 right now. Your experience is one of the reasons we don't wish to reset all to zero in future!
    Hi, this still on track? Looking to make that purchase.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by StayFrosty75 View Post
    Hi, this still on track? Looking to make that purchase.

Hi, it’s already online, just update your game client to latest version

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My suggestion so far is more sound effects for attacking and other things. The abilities could use some more animations. Just starting to get the hang of this game and finally making my way up the rankings. What is a respectable rank for a competitive player?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played this game ~2years ago..before lag, when I could not go into the game, it allways crashed.

And this time i lost all my those cards..all..
    And it's crazy situation for newbies now. Almost all opponents 200+ ratings. its too hard too win.

SE was one of my favorite games (((((..............
    Last edited by itsbad; 02-27-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

New player feedback, questions, concerns

Quote Originally Posted by itsbad View Post
    I played this game ~2years ago..before lag, when I could not go into the game, it allways crashed.

And this time i lost all my those cards..all..
    And it's crazy situation for newbies now. Almost all opponents 200+ ratings. its too hard too win.

SE was one of my favorite games (((((..............
    Welcome back.

Firstly your account hasn't gone, you've likely just used the wrong email address for your account or you had two and remembered the wrong one. Send an email to support@shadowera.com with as much info as you can think of to help find the account you're looking for and we'll track it down. We never delete accounts or remove cards from them.

Secondly, rating of 200 is not very high. I'm sure once you have dusted off your 2 year old cobwebs and got some decent cards to make decks from, you will be able to compete.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "We never delete accounts or remove cards from them." it's good!
    Thanks!

Hm..i used only 1 account as i remember.. and if i used more than 1account - I would have had not only basic cards there. (my english is so so)
    And i remember that my nick. I will send email soon, Thanks!

"rating of 200 is not very high." for current situation its too high %).
    But those last my cards are beetter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it was really my mistake.
    my main account was another .
    and i have many cards there. maybe all i will use it.
    Thank you!

its strange that i had 2nd account %).

But i think that its really hard situation for new players versus real opponents.
    And i think that its not good for popularity SE. But i like SE and I wish a good to SE and to you .

Thank you!

(...after some time) :
    mm. i did not know that there are differents missions|worlds for different heroes!
    its interesting! And its additional gold, experience and cards for players and new players .
    So the situation looks better for beginners. But maybe some of them dont know about different missions too , especially who know english like me or worse.
    Last edited by itsbad; 03-07-2018 at 05:10 AM.