Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
  1. #31
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for all the feedback.

    I'm reluctant to reduce the difficulty on Hard mode at the moment, since there should be no upper limit for Hard providing it can be completed somehow. (Some are just not as hard as others.) As more people try, we will be able to collect stats on which can't be completed at all or only by a few people and then we could revise them downwards.

    On the flip side, for those of you that were wanting 2-star and 3-star to be harder, we have revised the decks to be a little more tuned compared to starter decks, for all missions except for CotC Human Map 1 (where starter decks are not used).

  2. #32
    Member blackphantasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Philippines (GMT +8)
    Posts
    32
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    one baduruu mission (i think boris) starts off with war banner, aldon, and a pair of blake. don’t you think that’s too much? you’re basically asking us to clear the board in 3 turns
    Vanishing Specter of the Lost Realms
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

  3. #33
    Community Manager SEF Mango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The space in between your nightmares
    Posts
    967
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I opened a new account to try out the campaign. My first shot was with Boris. I completed 3 stars in all lvls in stage 1 with only the starter deck wit purchases of:

    1 Kristoffer Wyld
    2 Retreat
    4 Crippling Blow
    2 Platinum Chainmail
    3 Smashing Blow

    As such, I can say there is no changes I believe should be made in at least that first world of 10 stages.

    I am against making the campaign AI strong as requested by Spartan. It already took quite a bit of effort on my part and conceding every time I didnít have a certain opening hand for a a few levels.

    If the AI were to act more sufficiently in ally control, the campaign may become too difficullt In my eyes, The campaign is there to teach and become experienced with the mechanics. Not to be an extremely difficult task to overcome. Especially when the reward is only 50 gold.

    The real difficulty in this game comes in PvP. They will understand the uphill battle then. Donít crush them in campaign.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    162
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post

    I am against making the campaign AI strong as requested by Spartan. It already took quite a bit of effort on my part and conceding every time I didnít have a certain opening hand for a a few levels.

    If the AI were to act more sufficiently in ally control, the campaign may become too difficullt In my eyes, The campaign is there to teach and become experienced with the mechanics. Not to be an extremely difficult task to overcome. Especially when the reward is only 50 gold.

    The real difficulty in this game comes in PvP. They will understand the uphill battle then. Donít crush them in campaign.
    The attack ally sugestion by me and others is already implemented. When AI has a kill, now it goes for it.

    There is a huge difference to have an easy AI to face with a stupid AI to face. The second devalues the game.

    Eg when AI uses shrine to recycle its own bazaar in the same turn, its just stupid and requires fixing.
    Last edited by Spartan; 10-26-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Member of A1 family

  5. #35
    Senior Member Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    162
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Vess campaign 2nd map 4rth mission vess vs boris hard difficulty

    I find it very overwelming to give the AI possibility to kill by turn 3. I tried to beat it with different ways and failed miserably. Maybe it can be beaten idk
    Member of A1 family

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    13
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    I opened a new account to try out the campaign. My first shot was with Boris. I completed 3 stars in all lvls in stage 1 with only the starter deck wit purchases of:

    1 Kristoffer Wyld
    2 Retreat
    4 Crippling Blow
    2 Platinum Chainmail
    3 Smashing Blow

    As such, I can say there is no changes I believe should be made in at least that first world of 10 stages.

    I am against making the campaign AI strong as requested by Spartan. It already took quite a bit of effort on my part and conceding every time I didnít have a certain opening hand for a a few levels.

    If the AI were to act more sufficiently in ally control, the campaign may become too difficullt In my eyes, The campaign is there to teach and become experienced with the mechanics. Not to be an extremely difficult task to overcome. Especially when the reward is only 50 gold.

    The real difficulty in this game comes in PvP. They will understand the uphill battle then. Donít crush them in campaign.


    There are some players like me who play single player most of the time because I often have to pause mid-game multiple times for real life reasons (aka children). I am happy for there to be challenges even for experienced players.

    The absolute ideal for me would be to play against very smart AI with decks similar to those found in ranked or tournaments (Iím talking about late stages of campaign on hard mode).

    That is much easier said than done to program, but I am in favor of any step in that direction.

    Thereís no reason to intentionally make the AI dumber, because you can always adjust the deck and start state if itís too difficult. A smart AI helps prepare people better for pvp anyways.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Jao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    inside my head
    Posts
    1,122
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    some suggestions:

    1. the AI still needs improving. sometimes it goes face unnecessarily, wasting weapon durability, ability, or ally attack, leading to loss of board control. improving the AI is the best way of improving the campaigns' difficulty.
    2. all campaigns should be tested using starter packs, making sure at least the normal mode can be beaten using the basic decks. we don't want our new players to quit SE because they think these campaigns are too hard. the 2 and 3 stars can be harder.
    3. i prefer that AI strength remain the same all throughout campaigns, ramping up difficulty instead by changing board conditions. either adding/subtracting starting allies on the opponent board, adjusting shadow energy count, or life totals.
    4. it would be cool to have the 3 star campaigns rotate decks every week. just use the deck lists from the WCs or whatever. rewards don't have to be repeated. a player can only collect rewards from campaigns once.
    5. you can release new cards via campaigns, just like HS. each hero's campaign has their own specific hero card rewards. these card expansions via campaigns can only be played by purchasing the campaign (just like HS).
    6. also, i was surprised you have not used locations as part of the campaign. when locations was first introduced, i really thought you had it planned to be used in campaigns and would be part of the story. like, if you were battling Lance, Garina or Sosilo would be the default location and cannot be destroyed. you can add it to the campiagn's story too. like the hero would be passing through this location or that location and so on and so forth. sigh. missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Jao; 11-13-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Want to Join A1?

    A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

    It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

    Visit my blog: Potpourri

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    13
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I'm a new player here. Completely new (been playing about a week) and never played TCG/CCG games before offline or online. I got intrigued by Hearthstone but after a bit of reading, I decided that Hearthstone and Magic are just too popular and old for me. I figured, I'd be annihilated by an army of veterans and I would never do well. I started looking around at various options and heard good things about Shadow Era, particularly that it was relatively new player friendly and could be free to play. So, I started by card genre playing here.

    I watched one Youtube video to get a sense for the game and read the rules online, then started on the game. When I first started, the GUI was finicky and I ended up with Boris. So, he's my hero now. I jumped into the Campaign mode to try to learn the game before even attempting real players. It was fun and the game immediately hooked me. I could see the strategic elements and I one all the 1-star battles. I did well in most of the 2-star battles and even won the Desert Attack 3-star (Hard) battle. I thought I was doing pretty well and progressing nicely. I was leveling up and accumulating some crystals and gold.

    Then, I ran into some 3-star battles that I'm convinced are unbeatable with my stock Boris starter deck. I've played quite a few times, attempted different strategies and realize they are virtually impossible. Even the 2-star Resurrection battle seems quite overwhelming for my started deck.

    So, I was more or less at an impasse. This was frustrating. There aren't really in-game guides helping you along. I understand making the 3-star battles challenging and if one has built up a deck and knew how to customize it, I can see where that would make sense. But, as a complete noob to the space, it was frustrating. It would have been great if there was some guidance, or maybe I received some additional cards along the battlepath that would help me in the 2 and 3-star battles. I would feel like I was progressing and growing with the game. It would even be fine if these were only available to me in campaign mode. I would learn what other cards are available, what their strengths and weaknesses are and have a better idea of what direction I should be going with the game.

    As it stands now, I've done a good job grinding and accumulating some SC and gold. I'm deathly afraid to spend it for fear of making a bad purchase and not having a good way to build up more currency (without spending cash). I looked through the forums for some guides but everything seems to be quite old and probably outdated. So, I worry about following one of those. I also discovered that I could reset my hero if I wished to try a different one. BUT, I will lose all buy my SC. I'm not willing to make that trade-off yet. It might be worthwhile to get to try a mage, but it puts me in a position of having to make a decision I may regret. Not a good introduction to a game.

    I understand the desire to get people to spend money in the game. It is a business after-all. But, bringing in new players, getting them interested and far enough along in the game to be hooked might be a sound strategy. Then, they would likely spend money on the game and support the going concern.

    As it stands now, I'm still not sure of the path to take in this game: what pack to buy or cards to buy or try out a new hero. The game is fun, but if I get stalled for too long, I could easily see myself drift off to something else.

    Sorry I don't have any great suggestions for game/campaign improvement other than perhaps splitting up the campaign and PvP cards (or allowing cards to be earned/won but not owned in campaign mode. Anyway, I thought that my beginner perspective may help shed some light onto veteran eyes.

    I think it would also be cool if we could gift, share or trade cards/packs with friends. It might be worthwhile to buy the exclusive bundle if I could share some of it with friends so they might get interested and we could play each other. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'm ready to invest that much in the game at this point yet.

    Lastly, off topic...ever thought of arranging little tournaments that are sectioned off by ratings (0-50, 50-100, etc.).

  9. #39
    DP Visionary Demnchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Carolina, USA (GMT -4)
    Posts
    5,858
    Tournaments Joined
    8
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by goofything View Post
    I'm a new player here. Completely new (been playing about a week) and never played TCG/CCG games before offline or online. I got intrigued by Hearthstone but after a bit of reading, I decided that Hearthstone and Magic are just too popular and old for me. I figured, I'd be annihilated by an army of veterans and I would never do well. I started looking around at various options and heard good things about Shadow Era, particularly that it was relatively new player friendly and could be free to play. So, I started by card genre playing here.

    I watched one Youtube video to get a sense for the game and read the rules online, then started on the game. When I first started, the GUI was finicky and I ended up with Boris. So, he's my hero now. I jumped into the Campaign mode to try to learn the game before even attempting real players. It was fun and the game immediately hooked me. I could see the strategic elements and I one all the 1-star battles. I did well in most of the 2-star battles and even won the Desert Attack 3-star (Hard) battle. I thought I was doing pretty well and progressing nicely. I was leveling up and accumulating some crystals and gold.

    Then, I ran into some 3-star battles that I'm convinced are unbeatable with my stock Boris starter deck. I've played quite a few times, attempted different strategies and realize they are virtually impossible. Even the 2-star Resurrection battle seems quite overwhelming for my started deck.

    So, I was more or less at an impasse. This was frustrating. There aren't really in-game guides helping you along. I understand making the 3-star battles challenging and if one has built up a deck and knew how to customize it, I can see where that would make sense. But, as a complete noob to the space, it was frustrating. It would have been great if there was some guidance, or maybe I received some additional cards along the battlepath that would help me in the 2 and 3-star battles. I would feel like I was progressing and growing with the game. It would even be fine if these were only available to me in campaign mode. I would learn what other cards are available, what their strengths and weaknesses are and have a better idea of what direction I should be going with the game.

    As it stands now, I've done a good job grinding and accumulating some SC and gold. I'm deathly afraid to spend it for fear of making a bad purchase and not having a good way to build up more currency (without spending cash). I looked through the forums for some guides but everything seems to be quite old and probably outdated. So, I worry about following one of those. I also discovered that I could reset my hero if I wished to try a different one. BUT, I will lose all buy my SC. I'm not willing to make that trade-off yet. It might be worthwhile to get to try a mage, but it puts me in a position of having to make a decision I may regret. Not a good introduction to a game.

    I understand the desire to get people to spend money in the game. It is a business after-all. But, bringing in new players, getting them interested and far enough along in the game to be hooked might be a sound strategy. Then, they would likely spend money on the game and support the going concern.

    As it stands now, I'm still not sure of the path to take in this game: what pack to buy or cards to buy or try out a new hero. The game is fun, but if I get stalled for too long, I could easily see myself drift off to something else.

    Sorry I don't have any great suggestions for game/campaign improvement other than perhaps splitting up the campaign and PvP cards (or allowing cards to be earned/won but not owned in campaign mode. Anyway, I thought that my beginner perspective may help shed some light onto veteran eyes.

    I think it would also be cool if we could gift, share or trade cards/packs with friends. It might be worthwhile to buy the exclusive bundle if I could share some of it with friends so they might get interested and we could play each other. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'm ready to invest that much in the game at this point yet.

    Lastly, off topic...ever thought of arranging little tournaments that are sectioned off by ratings (0-50, 50-100, etc.).
    Thanks for the feedback goofything and welcome to Shadow Era! I'm always glad to hear from new players of their experiences starting out as it does help us determine the areas we could improve on. Feeling like you're not being guided enough is nice to know and the detailed description of that feeling is helpful. With that in mind, a few things:

    As you guessed, the 3-Star missions are not meant to be beaten with the starter decks. They are meant to be beaten with heavy deck changes to counter the set up that the opponent starts with. You'll have to come back and tackle those when you think you've built up a deck capable of tackling them.

    I can understand the idea of not wanting to waste the Gold and Shadow Crystals you've earned. It can be kind of daunting, especially if you're new to the card game genre and it is harder to tell where to start. When it comes to online games, its often best to utilize the community a game has. One thing you'll find in a lot of card game communities is the idea of "net-decking", or coping decks you see online from other players, until you get a grasp on the game to make your own. A lot of players typically agree its one of the easiest ways to start out. Beyond this, our community can be very helpful, especially here on the forums or on Telegram. If you share your deck or thoughts on how you'd like to play, I'm sure others will be glad to help point you in the right direction to grow as a card game player! Myself included!

    Since it sounds like you didn't choose Boris on purpose and don't wish to use our reset function, I've no issue tossing 200 Shadow Crystals your way to buy a new pre-contructed deck from the shop if it would help you enjoy the game better (not to mention, each hero has their own campaign missions and story to go through. You can also level up each on individually for more Shadow Crystals). If you could share your in-game name with me, I'll toss those your way.

    If you've got any questions or more feedback, please don't hesitate to speak up! Hope you stick around and enjoy the game to it's fullest!

    Also, we hope to add in-game tournaments as a feature at some point. Sorting them by rating is an interesting suggestion. You can occasionally find tournaments in the Organized Play section on the forums or on Telegram, but they are often not sorted like that.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 01-20-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

    A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

    Was Shadow Era Community Manager

    Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    First time on the forums, but actually back in the game after a few years. New cards, new changes. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Great job!
    But now for the bluntly honest part. I actually dislike the campaign. Well, not really dislike, but i dont like the way its done. I remember when i first played the “AI campaign” was a bit lackluster. But this is the other end of the spectrum it seems. The way the difficulty is done is kind of cheap. Boris starting off with two ally’s and a damage card is slightly overdoing it. The difficulty should be harder in form of challenge and skill. This has nothing to do with skill. Even after rocking a full CC deck. Conceding 60 times to get good start hand to be absolutely whiped of the map because you dont draw the cards you need. This isnt easy, normal, hard. This is more like, be lucky, be even more lucky, be the luckiest SoB alive. There is no tactics in this. Sheer draw luck. Wel, after trying to kill boris with banebow over 20 times. I gave up. My advice would be to change the deck. There are alot of competetive decks out there. Implement them into the campaign. Hard should be a 280-300 rated deck. In witch you might win with planning, tactics, trial and error.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •