Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Getting people into the forums.

I keep playing against people who have never been on our forums. I talk to them about it and they don't really have a reason not too.
    Maybe give a incentive for someone to at least register or make there first post in the new players section with a reward of like 1000 Gold to give them starting gold to buy cards as a reward? If we can get them on here or at least active in telegram or the forums well keep our player base and help prevent people from getting bored and leaving.

Only so many people I can tell to check out the forums in game matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good idea. Maybe have tournaments or contests that revolve around this as well, with special prizes for being on the forums.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think we would have to couple this with actually adding more content here worth reading and interacting with, so we retain the people we've pulled in. What Veles has been doing with the Deck Variety threads is a great example of the kinds of things we can have here of use to people.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think we would have to couple this with actually adding more content here worth reading and interacting with, so we retain the people we've pulled in. What Veles has been doing with the Deck Variety threads is a great example of the kinds of things we can have here of use to people.
    I agree but we still need to get them to look at the forums first. Lots of people ive played have never even bothered. So I figured a incentive would help.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Getting people into the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    I agree but we still need to get them to look at the forums first. Lots of people ive played have never even bothered. So I figured a incentive would help.
    Sure, we could entice some here in the hope they add content and then it could snowball. Having some provocative threads to compel people to post would be handy though.

There used to be a lot more action in General Chat, on all kinds of things, but people don't seem to hang out here when they are bored at work any more.

To be fair, forums are kind of old tech that some younglings have never used. It's all Facebook and Twitter and WhatsApp/Messenger/Telegram now, but the quality of conversation ends up much lower. It's read and forget, most of it, for when you really should be doing something else but that something else sucks. (Whereas, for me, back in 2011 when I found SE, this forum was THE place to spend/waste time.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chats is more fun and as you said a place to many read and forget conversations.

A way to lure people in here, especially newcomers, is to pin a post with an one time code for a starting deck or some sc. Then with an ingame pm notify people about their free code in eg: strategy section or newplayer area of forum.

That way you can make sure that people will know about the forum and visit it at least once
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I cant help much for adding helpfull content in forums. Im a 3 month player and i need the help myself first.

I wanna say that the content of these forums is very helpfull for a player to improove. Tons of stuff for deckbuilding and many advise for improving your play.
    I found some exellent articles in google that are here and not stickied.

It might be a good idea to delete some heavily outdated threads. I dont remember any examples but im sure i came across many outdated stuff in here.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will the players able to logon forum with game account now instead of creating new account here?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is why I miss some of the old players. BDK was king of forum fun..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    This is why I miss some of the old players. BDK was king of forum fun..
    Member of A1 family