Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I've used forums since I started playing games online (starting with good ol' Runescape lol). I believe we just need more exposure in the game itself. The reason most people probably don't know about it is because they download the mobile app which doesn't require you to come to the website to download the game. Most people would notice the tabs at the top and realize we have a forum. Ideally we could get the forum running in the game itself, but realistically a button to open up the forums on your default browser would go a long way too. Probably best to put in the menu and the world screens, not to mention linking every news post we put out in the game to the associated forum post (if applicable) and mentioning the forums in each news post.

Stuff like incentives are a good idea too. More content and activity here would also help. I've got a few ideas in mind for that, but I'm open to any and all suggestions as well.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post

Stuff like incentives are a good idea too. More content and activity here would also help. I've got a few ideas in mind for that, but I'm open to any and all suggestions as well.
    For me things are simple and on the other hand not at all easy to implement.

A players basic desires from a game forum, imo , would be new and advanced player guides of various game subjects eg deckbuilding and sacrificing, up to date decks to copy and possibly tweak and his game related questions if any, answered.

Present forum condition covers all the above to some extent. Truth be told though, it could use some work from all of us players and board alike to bring it to a much better state.

Ill say that again. Consider to archive heavily outdated threads. If someone tries to utilise outdated info without realising it, it could hurt his play and be left with a bad impesion for the forums for no reason.

Yes, it up to him to realise that he reads a post from 2013 but many people my mistake i believe they dont.

Aditionally, i believe there is no reason for the forum to be full of no use info. Less would be more and more user friendly.
    Member of A1 family

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    For me things are simple and on the other hand not at all easy to implement.

A players basic desires from a game forum, imo , would be new and advanced player guides of various game subjects eg deckbuilding and sacrificing, up to date decks to copy and possibly tweak and his game related questions if any, answered.

Present forum condition covers all the above to some extent. Truth be told though, it could use some work from all of us players and board alike to bring it to a much better state.

Ill say that again. Consider to archive heavily outdated threads. If someone tries to utilise outdated info without realising it, it could hurt his play and be left with a bad impesion for the forums for no reason.

Yes, it up to him to realise that he reads a post from 2013 but many people my mistake i believe they dont.

Aditionally, i believe there is no reason for the forum to be full of no use info. Less would be more and more user friendly.
    Archiving out of date stuff is a good idea so long as it's not deleted. It would take a while to process each thing to make sure it is out of date though. If anyone has suggests for good process for tackling this, PM to me and Demnchi please.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Yeah, I've used forums since I started playing games online (starting with good ol' Runescape lol). I believe we just need more exposure in the game itself.
    I added a Waiting for Opponent tip to mention the forums the other day, inspired by this thread. I'll see if we can get a button added to the app before 3.51 goes out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a returning player I have been looking through the forum for insight into what cards and decks are good right now. I am not sure where to invest gold, and I am curious about what the competitive metagame is like. There is some good content I found, but some of it is old and I can’t tell if it is relevant still.

In general I think more discussion of these topics from competitive players would attract new/returning players to the forum and catch google searches for things like “SE best decks”, “tier list”, “meta”, which I believe are common ways that players find game forums in the first place.