Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I had high hopes for the deckbox feature when I added it in a couple of years ago, but I think what stopped it taking off was the lack of API to import/export decks
    The problem with tools in web browser is that few people actually use them, mainly because they are using mobile and it's not that practical.
    The wast majority of people are in Telegram nowadays. I could use API to display a named decklist in telegram via secardbot, search by hero etc.. And BTW I'm gonna publish bot on GitHub soon so everyone can contribute to it.

Now, speaking about initial topic of this thread, adding import/export feature for decks in game client. On Deck screen add 2 buttons (Import and Export). Export simply generates a text representation of the current deck list and put it into clipboard (so user can paste it in somewhere else to shere). Import button opens up a form with am input field where user can paste encoded deck list, then press ok so it is parsed and displayed current deck list in game deck builder. Thus you can share your deck in matter of seconds and also build up and try others decls faster. Now if we define common deck encoding/decoding format, we can expect easy integration between game, chatbot and other web tools.
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    1. The problem with tools in web browser is that few people actually use them, mainly because they are using mobile and it's not that practical.

2. The wast majority of people are in Telegram nowadays. I could use API to display a named decklist in telegram via secardbot, search by hero etc.. And BTW I'm gonna publish bot on GitHub soon so everyone can contribute to it.

3. Now, speaking about initial topic of this thread, adding import/export feature for decks in game client. On Deck screen add 2 buttons (Import and Export). Export simply generates a text representation of the current deck list and put it into clipboard (so user can paste it in somewhere else to shere). Import button opens up a form with am input field where user can paste encoded deck list, then press ok so it is parsed and displayed current deck list in game deck builder. Thus you can share your deck in matter of seconds and also build up and try others decls faster.

4. Now if we define common deck encoding/decoding format, we can expect easy integration between game, chatbot and other web tools.
    1. Isn't your own deckbuilder for the web browser? Mine works on tablets and phones fine as long as the screen is big enough and it's not an ancient device.

2. I can assure you more people use web browsers than Telegram, but it's good to have something targeted for those who do use Telegram the most, so it's great you're doing this. Thank you.

3. Right, this is a client feature request that would need to be implemented in Unity. It's a good small feature to try to get in soon, I agree. I hope you can see benefit of being able to browse all your decks and build outside the client via the API as well though. You'd just find a deck you like and hit Import and it would all happen for you within wherever you saw the deck (rather than copy some text and load up the app and paste it into the app deckbuilder).

4. There's already a definitive format used by the game database and client. It's just a list of card numbers. I'll send you the details so you can support it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Yes it is for the web browser. I am glad to hear about API and I probably will integrate it. I made it something like 2 years ago and it is a great way to share decks. There are 2 export options: forum and telegram so you get a well formatted representation of your build ready to be embedded on forum or in TG together with a link to quickly open the deck in deck builder so people can easily preview it. It is really handy when you want to discuss your build with others.
    2. I can argue that TG has become the main comunity place to do many things relative to the game. From tournaments organization to of course discussion of decks in countless chatrooms. Only my guild has 5 chat rooms plus one common room dedicated for tournament series we organize between us and BT guild. If someone wants to discuss a deck he with 99% of chance will do it in TG. That's why my focus has shifted to cover this platform. So I have created secardbot as a service to help people there. Very very often people share own decks by simply making a series of screenshots from the game client, this is far from ideal: chat rooms start to fill up with endless amount of images, it is hard to parse them as cards are small compared to the screenshot resolution and I bet many have tired to clean up all they screenshots from own device.
    3. That's why I thought about that simple feature - export deck list from game client, secardbot could easily parse that export and return well formatted representation of your deck to show in chat. Or you can even edit the list together with your friends afterwards in that chat room, possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by Kolodi; 09-28-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    What vic deck? All i can see with my tablet is this.....Attachment 7675
    weird!.. i will pm you the deck incase you needed it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    I managed to hit rating 347 doing 15 win streak with him, also took 2nd place in score that month, so it's not tha bad I'd say Anyway this a bit offtopic here, let me know guys do you want to see import/export feature in game?
    yeah i remember! it's one of the best vic decks imo.. anyway yes; i really get uppset switching between my mobile and telegram trying to create the deck that my friends/guild mates had sent it to me.. and deck posts will get so interesting if you read the cards of the deck from a forum post lets say and then there's a link or code you can copy it from the forum and paste it in your shadow era game, i think if every deck shared have some kind of an ID code is a great idea, you just copy the code and the saved deck data from server will automaticly builds it for you.

suggestion: it's also a great idea to make adding codes for decks costs sc.. this way it will make both the developers and players happy!
    Last edited by GeeGne; 10-01-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeGne View Post
    yeah i remember! it's one of the best vic decks imo.. anyway yes; i really get uppset switching between my mobile and telegram trying to create the deck that my friends/guild mates had sent it to me.. and deck posts will get so interesting if you read the cards and then there's a link or code you can copy it from the forum and paste it in your shadow era game, i think if every deck shared have some kind of an ID code is a great idea, you just copy it the code and the saved deck data from server will automaticly builds it for you.

suggestion: it's also a great idea to make adding codes for decks costs sc.. this way it will make both the developers and players happy!
    I like it! But it would have to be some randomized checksum code so people couldn't just speculatively type in 1,2,3,4, etc to find good decks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I like it! But it would have to be some randomized checksum code so people couldn't just speculatively type in 1,2,3,4, etc to find good decks!
    am very happy to try, am sure everything requires work and energy because you need to set some kind of code generator who can make those codes in a randomized way that protects it.
    emport/export decks are definitely a great idea to consider in future updates!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont understand much of what youre saying about deck codes so i appologise if i am wrong....

If im not mistaken every card in game already has a unique number.
    By making that numbers visible when a deck is exported from the game or a deckbuilder, then this format could be used for both descusion and import purposes.

I can give you the exact meaning with my english so i try it with an example:

Hero victor heartseeker #1232

4x priest of the ligh #1289
    4x puwen #1657
    3x ...... #...,

Total x cards y gold
    Member of A1 family