Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Import/Export decks in game

The game lacks one little but very important feature - being able to import and export deck lists. People has been suffering for years now. What options do you have when you decide to share your deck? make screenshots or rebuild your deck in some deckbuilder. Both have significant downsides. And what about building a deck? How cool it would be to build a deck in one click importing it from clipboard.
    The deck can be easily rappresented as plane text, so you can just copy paste it in a simple form. It is very easy to write simple parser for that, like I did it in my deckbuilder, so you can open simple url like this http://misher.altervista.org/se/#/se...,se1852,ll1834 and you'll see the whole deck. Easy to share, easy to view.
    Moving forward, I can even implement simple integration with secardbot in telegram in the way so you can save it on it giving a unique name for your deck and recall it anytime you need it.
    This simple feature can significantly boost up deck discussions, building new decks, trying new concepts, because it would be very easy and painless.
    So what do you think, should we ask dev team to implement this asap?
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Board, please hire this guy.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree. This will bring the game to a whole new level. Board please consider this!
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not gonna lie but that vic deck is sick bro and nice idea thx

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeGne View Post
    What vic deck? All i can see with my tablet is this.....Screenshot_2017-09-28-11-57-46.jpg
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeGne View Post
    I managed to hit rating 347 doing 15 win streak with him, also took 2nd place in score that month, so it's not tha bad I'd say Anyway this a bit offtopic here, let me know guys do you want to see import/export feature in game?
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kolodi you are a great worker. Will the board agree with community?
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome Kolodi !
    After your cards bot, you are really doing a great job for the se community... you may be paid for that or at least receive rewards from the new Board.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    The game lacks one little but very important feature - being able to import and export deck lists. People has been suffering for years now. What options do you have when you decide to share your deck? make screenshots or rebuild your deck in some deckbuilder. Both have significant downsides. And what about building a deck? How cool it would be to build a deck in one click importing it from clipboard.
    The deck can be easily rappresented as plane text, so you can just copy paste it in a simple form. It is very easy to write simple parser for that, like I did it in my deckbuilder, so you can open simple url like this http://misher.altervista.org/se/#/se...,se1852,ll1834 and you'll see the whole deck. Easy to share, easy to view.
    Moving forward, I can even implement simple integration with secardbot in telegram in the way so you can save it on it giving a unique name for your deck and recall it anytime you need it.
    This simple feature can significantly boost up deck discussions, building new decks, trying new concepts, because it would be very easy and painless.
    So what do you think, should we ask dev team to implement this asap?
    Now that the first phase of Campaign is done, my hope was to get this working in October via the API since I now have access to the live database to make this happen. (You'd register your API KEY with the external site and it can push/pull decks from the live server.)

I didn't actually know about your deckbuilder, btw. Maybe you didn't know of mine either, which also takes a deckstring: http://deckbox.shadowera.net/se/#/bu...e063x2:se165x1

I had high hopes for the deckbox feature when I added it in a couple of years ago, but I think what stopped it taking off was the lack of API to import/export decks

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Import/Export decks in game

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Board, please hire this guy.
    I think we all appreciate the things he is doing voluntarily but we're not hiring for this stuff and would not intend to. (Making external tools and suggesting features has been something a great many members of the community have done since the game came out.)