Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Question Thoughts on hellsteed in rush decks?

1CC Shadow Ally
    The first other friendly ally to attack during your turn does +1 damage
    0/2 (Claw Attack)

Is this card good? What about competitive? I have found it fairly useful for getting easy farming matches over with. What about without extra sharps and similar cards?

I would love to get any feed back I can on this. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAce View Post
    1CC Shadow Ally
    0/2 (Claw Attack)

Is this card good? What about competitive? I have found it fairly useful for getting easy farming matches over with. What about without extra sharps and similar cards?

No this card is pretty weak... There really are not very many 1 drop allies worth including in a competitive deck. The only good one that comes to mind is kristoph the wild, which is decent in rush decks, or in warrior decks in conjunction with The Kings Pride

The only other 1 drop I might consider using is birgette, the 0/2 protector. She's decent in a handful of decks but not very many TBH.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAce View Post
    1CC Shadow Ally
    0/2 (Claw Attack)

Hellsteed isn't used right now. It's impact isn't very high. I don't think the card is bad for rush decks, only that there is no rush deck out there that supports Hellsteed well enough right now. In the future, if there are ways to get out a lot of 1 cost allies at once (or even seek a bunch), it might see play. It basically needs a partner card for it to work well, either by support it with Hellsteed's effect, or something that buffs weaker allies. For now, I would stick with Frostmare since it has haste and can sometimes be free.

To Hellsteed's credit though, I do typically include it in my Campaign rush decks that are 30 cards large.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used it in DP as 5th firesnake. It's better than firesnake as T1 hellsteed T2 Karash going first shuts down opponent karash. But firesnake is better most of the time.
    IGN: Kyltz