Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i think it is worth trying and see if this new system is good and only then we can judge and not just guess like we do now. i like very much the idea to give foil to win streak because it will make people play more but also with different heroes so to bring more variety to the game. as a suggestion give players a foil when they have a win streak 10 with one hero and do this for every hero. so you can get many foils if you play a lot with all different heroes.
    How about a sliding scale?
    First 10 with example Logan gets one u foil, then if u get 20 in a row 2 random foils, 30 in a row 3 random foils and just keeps going up by 10 for each hero.
    Last edited by Fristar; 09-29-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One question....

For your monthly score, your best 50 game PERIOD will count, or your best scoring 50 GAMES of the month?
    Member of A1 family

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    One question....

For your monthly score, your best 50 game PERIOD will count, or your best scoring 50 GAMES of the month?
    It says it in the OP: "Best Score (for their best 50-match period that month)"

This means that you always have your Current Score of your last 50 games and if that ever goes above your Best Score (which starts out as 0) then your Best Score is set to that. (So your first 50 games will have your Best Score matching your Current Score.) It's like the waterline on a ship.

Here's the key bit of PHP code sorting this out:

if ($currentscore > $bestscore)
    $bestscore = $currentscore;

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE: I've updated the Player Profile and Status information you can see in game now (it's live, so check it out). It now shows your Mean Best Score. And, as of 1st October, your Score will be replaced by your Best Score.

I also made the ranking for Score/Rating/Meltdown look a little nicer on there. e.g. "Rating: 304 Rank 85" has become "Rating: 304 (85th)".

I think we're pretty much set now for this new system to go live and I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone does!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    UPDATE: I've updated the Player Profile and Status information you can see in game now (it's live, so check it out). It now shows your Mean Best Score. And, as of 1st October, your Score will be replaced by your Best Score.

I also made the ranking for Score/Rating/Meltdown look a little nicer on there. e.g. "Rating: 304 Rank 85" has become "Rating: 304 (85th)".

I think we're pretty much set now for this new system to go live and I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone does!
    Question: do we match up in oct by rating or score?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Question: do we match up in oct by rating or score?
    Matchmaking is always by Rating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you think about it will not the same players get best scores every month because rating is not reset? so the same players will always get the same high scores because there rating is probably the same every month also. and so the rewards will always go to the same players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you think about it will not the same players get best scores every month because rating is not reset? so the same players will always get the same high scores because there rating is probably the same every month also. and so the rewards will always go to the same players.
    Doesn't the best score get reset every month?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If it's meant to be the ultimate measure of skill and performance then you would expect the same people doing well each month until others show up who are also as good.

High rating is double-edged sword as well. You will get tougher matches up there so more chance of getting 0 Match Score for a game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes i agree with you it is fair that the players with best skill should get prices. but for the good of the game and the community i do not think it will be the best thing because players will not like it when nothing changes and the same players get the rewards every month. at least with the old system anyone can get first place if they have enough time to play a lot. but that is just a thought i am looking forward to this new system. but it maybe not a good system for the long run.